Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Comeback Tour (No Excuses) - KB's Online Training Journal

You have to eat!!!!! and you have to go hard and heavy when it is needed, so now suck it up and get big and strong

Thanks, Suston, I know- I am developing a bulking plan this weekend and am going to start eating and lifting and training to get big. The injury is at a point where I feel I can lift heavy on most movements, and will get even better and stronger as I go along.

If you have any comments on a new split I have been working on, they are always appreciated:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327545

Monday Back / Traps

Rot cuff:
Stnd upper trap:
10x12
10x15

DL:
115x5
115x10
115x6
155x3
175x3
200x2 (PR)

Don't know why I decided all of a sudden to go heavy, as this wasn't the plan. Funny too, cause I felt tired, hungover, and pissed.

Lat plldown:
50x8
50x8
60x6
60x6

DB shrugs:
40x20
40x20
40x20

Had a shitty weekend, felt like shit today. Tired and not into it at all. Didn't really get to work on my bulking plan this weekend either. Plan on starting the bulking and new split in 2 weeks. Time to get fucking stronger and fucking bigger.

Tuesday Chest / Abs

Rot cuff:
Internal rot:
10x10
L-fly:
10x8
Subscap:
10x15
10x15

I am going to limit my typical rotator cuff work this week before each workout. I want to see how it affects my shoulder. My sneaking suspicion (and what I have seen so far) is that my shlder will actually feel better this way. In 2 weeks when I start my new split I will cut down on the rot cuff work. Not cut it out, but cut down on it.

Iso Chest Press:
50x12
70x10

Flat BB bench:
65x12
75x10
75x10

Incl DB:
25x10
25x10

Pretty happy with my chest days so far. It will be a long climb back to strength here, but it's going well. Only time it really bothers the shoulder is when I go deep (when my elbows go below parallel).

Needsize's ab routine:
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

Thursday Legs 170-71

Rot cuff:
Internal rot:
10x15
L-fly:
10x12
Subscap:
10x15
10x15

Squat:
115x8
155x10
175x8

Zercher Squat:
95x12
115x12
115x10

First time trying these. Obviously the hardest part is holding the bar, kills the arms. The squat part was too easy b/c of the low weight. Plan on incorporating these into my new split in a week or 2.

Lying leg crl:
60x20
60x20

BB calf raise:
205x20
205x20
205x20

Kind of pushed for time. Have decided that I really need to manage my time better at work so that I never (or seldom) have to cut any workouts short for my new split. Going to hit up Costco this weekend for my new bulking food (need to finalize my plan too). Also going to hit up Walmart for a barbell and some more 45 plates and Home Depot for some chains so I can add to my strongman equipment, since this will be a big part of my new split.

Shoulder feeling good, not great. Ups and downs. I have to call my new insurance company today to find out if I they will cover my ART doc, but I am pretty sure the answer will be no. That really kills me. I am hoping that when I begin to bulk, the extra nutrients and carbs and whatnot will aid in the recovery, as my current cutting cycle has left me somewhat "depleted".

Friday Arms / Shldrs

Rot cuff:
Subscap:
10x15
DB clean:
8x15
Internal Rot:
10x15

OHP DB:
20x12
20x10
25x8

Front cable raise:
10x10
10x10

BB curl:
45x10
55x8
55x6

Tri pushdown:
30x12
30x12
40x10

I am going to start my new split next week. I can wait no longer.

I also bought an olympic barbell and a few more plates lastnight. Today or tomorrow I am going to buy some chains at home depot (gotta get the length right) so I can practice the yoke walk.

My implements so far:

2 50 pound sand bags taped up (need heavier ones at some point)
2 EZ curl bars (for farmer's walks)
6 25 pound plates (need a few 45's and a at least 2 more 25s)
Olympic barbell (yoke walk)

As I said, I need some chains and a keg would be nice. A sled is also in the making soon. The major problem for me is that a) I live in an apartment on the third floor and b) I drive a car and it is already dropping way too low in the back cause of all the weight in the trunk.

Sunday

I bought some chains yesterday, so decided to try out some yoke walks this morning. I used an olympic barbell, a bunch of 25 lb. plates and chains. The plates ended up hanging about a foot off the ground when I stood up. The tough part was getting the bar off the ground and into walking position. I basically swauted almost ass to the ground and put the bar on my shoulders (plates not off the ground yet), and squatted it up. Walked about 30 feet or so. The back plays a huge role in yoke walks, as I could tell from the soreness! It was fun as hell though. And the looks you get from the general public are funny as hell!

I also realized, when attempting to load all the gear back up in my car, that I can use the plates (still with the chain looped thru them) for duck walks! Nice little added bonus.

I am now off to costco to buy massive amounts of food and tomorrow I will start a new journal with a new goal: size and strength.

Update:
Haven't posted here in a bit, but I have still been active. I have worked on a bulking eating plan and have started to eat big. I also decided that a 5x5 will work well for me right now. I need to get bigger and stronger and I think 5x5 is best for me right now. Plus, it is pretty simple and that's key cause work is about to get CRAZY again with the US Open coming in the end of August.

5x5:

M - Chest/Calves
Rot cuff:
External rotation:
10x15
Internal rotation:
10x15

Flat bench:
5x5

Iso machine Incline Chest press:
2x8-10

Incline DB fly:
2x8-10

Calf raise:
2x15 (alternate seated and standing weekly)

Crunch machine:
2x15

Hanging leg raise:
2x15

T - Back/Shldrs:
Rot cuff:
Internal rotation:
10x15

Subscap:
10x15

Deadlifts:
5x5

BO BB Rows:
2x8-10

Shrugs / Pulldown (alternate weekly)
2x8-10

ISO OHP machine:
5x5

BO side lats:
2x8-10

Crucifix hold (DB's):
2 sets of front hold, 2 sets side hold (timed)

W - OFF

Th - Arms
Rot cuff:
Internal rotation:
10x15
Subscap:
10x15

Close grip bench:
5x5

Cable ext:
2x8-10

Pushdowns:
2x8-10

BB curls:
5x5

Incline DB curls:
2x8-10

Hammer curls:
2x8-10

Cable crunch:
2x12

Needsize's ab routine:
4x5

That's how it's looking. I messed around with it this week to see what numbers I should start at. I think this will help get my bench back to decency, since it will not kill my shoulder, but will still strengthen it slowly with the added 5 pounds weekly. The only thing I need to experiment with is the ISO OHP machine. I tried it for the first time last week and it definitely bothered my shoulder a bit (more the bicep tendons), so I may try military presses, since I found out I was wrong - my gym does have the racks where you can load the bar in front of you, which was my main concern.

Now it's time to eat and lift like a fucking animal. I will be taking creatine as well.

Update:
Haven't posted here in a bit, but I have still been active. I have worked on a bulking eating plan and have started to eat big. I also decided that a 5x5 will work well for me right now. I need to get bigger and stronger and I think 5x5 is best for me right now. Plus, it is pretty simple and that's key cause work is about to get CRAZY again with the US Open coming in the end of August.

5x5:

M - Chest/Calves
Rot cuff:
External rotation:
10x15
Internal rotation:
10x15

Flat bench:
5x5

Iso machine Incline Chest press:
2x8-10

Incline DB fly:
2x8-10

Calf raise:
2x15 (alternate seated and standing weekly)

Crunch machine:
2x15

Hanging leg raise:
2x15

T - Back/Shldrs:
Rot cuff:
Internal rotation:
10x15

Subscap:
10x15

Deadlifts:
5x5

BO BB Rows:
2x8-10

Shrugs / Pulldown (alternate weekly)
2x8-10

ISO OHP machine:
5x5

BO side lats:
2x8-10

Crucifix hold (DB's):
2 sets of front hold, 2 sets side hold (timed)

W - OFF

Th - Arms
Rot cuff:
Internal rotation:
10x15
Subscap:
10x15

Close grip bench:
5x5

Cable ext:
2x8-10

Pushdowns:
2x8-10

BB curls:
5x5

Incline DB curls:
2x8-10

Hammer curls:
2x8-10

Cable crunch:
2x12

Needsize's ab routine:
4x5

F - Legs
Rot cuff:
Subscap:
10x15

Squats:
5x5

Zercher squats:
2x8-10

SLGM:
2x8-10
That's how it's looking. I messed around with it this week to see what numbers I should start at. I think this will help get my bench back to decency, since it will not kill my shoulder, but will still strengthen it slowly with the added 5 pounds weekly. The only thing I need to experiment with is the ISO OHP machine. I tried it for the first time last week and it definitely bothered my shoulder a bit (more the bicep tendons), so I may try military presses, since I found out I was wrong - my gym does have the racks where you can load the bar in front of you, which was my main concern.

Now it's time to eat and lift like a fucking animal. I will be taking creatine as well.

Top Bottom