Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The All Natural PEANUT BUTTER DIET! by Mr.X

I just ate my first scoop of all natty peanut butter ever! and i must say its not bad! although it did seem a little harder to chew, my mouth is tired! i'm gonna give this diet a try!

You guys should really try making your own PB sometime. It is so freaking good! Something about the way that the store bought natural pb has the oil separated—it never seems to mix back together as well.

Just dump two cans of planter’s peanuts into the blender, add one to two tablespoons on peanut oil and blend. If you’re not doing a low carb diet, adding a little honey makes it even more delicious.

Of course you can’t do this with your ordinary run-of-the-mill Cuisenart—you’ll burn it out in a heartbeat. I have a Vita-Mix Super 5000 blender. It’s very expensive, but it was one of the best investments I’ve ever made. This thing is so strong it will grind up your cement sidewalk. <j/k> It’s much better than juicers that end up discarding most of the fiber and other good stuff; whole carrots, apples, peeled oranges etc. work well; even the seeds get ground up enough that the drink isn't gritty. Most regular blenders don’t have enough HP to do that. Comes with an extensive recipe book.

http://www.vitamix.com/

For those looking for updates on how people are doing on this diet, I thought I would give one for both my girlfriend and I. We just started doing the diet on Monday. At first my girlfriend had the "runs" which lasted about a day (I believe this to be normal considering the DRASTIC changes that were made to her diet suddenly).

Hunger on this diet is NOT a problem. Far from it...we don't get hungry at all if we eat on schedule.

For both of us, our energy levels have risen dramatically. It's great. She is type 2 diabetic and her blood glucose was in pretty good control before but now it is even tighter. She is experiencing NO highs and NO lows.

I had to do some minor adjustments to her calculations because she doesn't workout and has an office job (Thanks to Mr.X for suggesting the modifications for her). I'm hoping that as she watches her sugars and her energy level keeps increasing she will eventually start working out.

So far we haven't lost any weight but it's too early as we had to make some modifications. However, the energy increase alone is worth it - we BOTH needed that.

do you need to take extra fats like omega 3 oils with this diet? And do you need anything else besides the peanut butter and whey, besides the vitams and such?

do you need to take extra fats like omega 3 oils with this diet? you can do away w/ just the ANPB w/o a problem; some ppl add flax but I don't think it's needed
And do you need anything else besides the peanut butter and whey, besides the vitams and such? no

Mr.X

Thats for your refeed day and not the days you are consuming ANPB and Whey:

Cals = 2475
Carbs = 371grams x 4 = 1484 cals from carbs
Protein = 186grams x 4 = 744 cals from protein
Fat = 28grams x 9 = 252 cals from fat
That equals your total calorie count for your refeed day.

Originally posted by Mr.X
what about doing it as a tdk?it's a good diet
i'm just concerned about the lack of carbs, particularly post workout. if it would work to add in some carbs postworkout on training days, what would you suggest?not w/ the ANPB; if you do add the carbs you need to subtract the calories from your fat intake

i was kinda confused when i originally wrote this. on a tdk, the carbs would be pre-workout. in your article, you mention that dextrose or maltodextrin would be the carb of choice. any other carbs that would also be acceptable - do they need to be high GI?

say i'd eat the normal 3 meals (PB+whey), then a preworkout meal consisting of 30-40g carbs (10-12g/3 sets) and whey (eliminate the fat from this meal), then do the PB+whey for the last 2-3 meals of the day. so i'd just subtract the carb calories from my daily fat calories, and split the remaining fat calories over the other 5-6 meals i eat (not sure whether i'd want 6 or 7 meals a day)? and i would take in no carbs postworkout, correct? and would i still refeed every 7 days?

sorry for the million and one questions.

ColdCut said:

i think thats wrong......i put in 165 and it comes up with like 365 g of carbs!!

sorry if its been mentioned before, i didnt have time to read all hte pages

The 365g carbs are for the refeed not the diet.

Mr.X

so is there any one else that has tried this diet? How much have you lost? Mr. X, does this diet help retain muscle or does it just concentrate on fat loss?

Top Bottom