Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some Fennec pics

Fennec

http://communities.msn.com/FennecPics

When you get there, you enter through the "Welcome" page, then I think you have to click on the "Shoebox" to get to the pictures.

Please be nice, everyone!!

I know I need additional size, 'specially in my arms. These pics are mid-way through my cuts phase (except for the dance picture, that's from a year ago). I will be starting a mass phase after this, and I have 6 months 'till I plan to compete. I'm working towards a Figure competition. I'm completely natural, thus far. Also, when I started out, about 3 1/2 years ago, I was around 44% b/f and now I'm around 16% b/f. Sorry, I don't have any good "before" pictures (I always camoflaged myself).

Well, playing with the photo album gave me something to do while I'm sick, anyway.

Fennec

Fennec, you have done a great job in getting to 16% from 44%. You have good definition showing already, so you are near your goal already. What did you do to kill the BF so effectively?

Also, what will be your next goal? After all, you are within touching distance of the comps in 6 months. So where do you want to go from there?

BE

I don't know what to say really. To go from 44%bf to 16% is so totally awesome, and I can see you did it gradually because you don't have yards of excess skin hanging off of ya. All I can say is congrats and well done. No need to push yourself too hard through you illness. I hope that after your competition you can focus on gaining more muscle if that's a goal of yours, otherwise maintaning a healthy weight for life.

Let's see... When I first decided I could stand to lose some weight, I went to several sessions with a hypnotist to help get my mind set right. I work with a personal trainer who is awesome! And my dance instructor is also a trainer, so I'm aligned with my goals on all fronts. :)

1) I had to quit dipping tobacco. (yeah, you heard right)
2) I had to quit drinking a six-pack of beer every night.

Once I had those two problems under control, I was able to start seeing real progress. (And by the way, I still drink beer and enjoy it 'bout once a month or so.)

Diet plus cardio plus weight lifting. The key is consistency over time!

For the longest time, I would diet for 2 or 3 days, decide nothing was happening, and then go crazy eating whatever I felt like for the next 2 or 3 days (usually some carb-filled casserole or tacos). Then I would cry to my trainer that "It's not working!" It took me forever to get with the program! I'm amazed at how patient my trainer was with me.

At least during that time, I was getting more and more consistent with my weight training and starting to enjoy it - seeing strength gains, etc.

Then I started doing the cardio, like I was supposed to, and even though I was still screwing up some with my diet, I saw some progress.

Last year, my trainer challenged me to do a "trial run" of getting really serious, just to see what it was like. It was almost an ultimatum, like "I'll do everything he says, and if I still don't have the results that will PROVE once and for all that this may work for other people, but it doesn't work for me!"

So for the 16 weeks prior to last year's Olympia, I followed every instruction he gave me, to the letter. I took only the one day off per week, for the last four weeks, it was one day off every two weeks, and increased my cardio, didn't cheat on my diet, lifted heavy, etc. Really got consistent. I couldn't believe the results. Of course the reward was, a group of us went to the Olympia (in Las Vegas, with no kids) and had a blast!

Since then, I've been really consistent and it's going great. I'm finally getting close to the b/f level I want. My strength is coming up. I was REALLY proud of myself a few weeks ago when I did the "pyramid of pain" (descending sets) on the lying leg press, and my max was 420 lbs for four reps!! My bodyweight is 121 now, and that was the most I've ever pressed.

However, I just recently realized that I've focused forever on my legs, 'cause I always wanted to get rid of the "saddlebags" and my arms haven't gotten as much attention as they should.

My next mini-goal is to get my arm workouts up to the same intensity I can muster when I do legs. I want to put some more thickness on my arms and back over the next few months. Also, even though I decided to go for Figure instead of Fitness, due to chronic wrist problems, I'm still working on flexibility, and I want to get my center splits!

After the competition, I'll probably start training for next year's competition. :)

And I'm always working on becoming a better dancer - I'd like to perform a lot more.

Fennec

HOLY SHIT! 30% LOSS IN BF%? CRAZY....EXCELLENT WORK, FEN :)

Fennec, all I can say is, wow! You are an inspiration to us all. Anyone who can go from 44% to 16% is truly a champion, IMO. I think you've already won your personal contest, so whatever you do in the real world of competition should be icing on the cake! :)

I had a question about your leg training. I am now trying to reshape my legs, specifically my butt. My legs have always been very strong and look cut even at 16% bf. I don't want to increase the size as much as just bring out the cuts. I've been confused by some who say to lift heavy and others who say to lift light to achieve this look. What do you think?

Fantastic job Fennec!

I love stories such as this,makes me work harder at my own goals! Keep up that great work!

You Go GIRL:) You look great.....and have a wonderful positive attitude.. Keep working hard and pursuing your goals a day at a time and you will have great success!! You have so much to look forward to............keep your head up and keep moving the weight!

Top Bottom