Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recently converted bodybuilder......

Juice Junkie

Well its happened, some guys in the gym have talked me into giving powerlifting a try. I have been bodybuilding for several years and have made great strides in the sport going from 130lbs at 5'8" to 240 at my peak at 8% BF. I find myself leaning toward the powerlifting side simply because a lot of the BS that goes along with bodybuilding doesn't seem to exist in powerlifting. You dont see guys backstage in a powerlifting meet with IV bags hooked up so they dont die cause they took too much lasix. The sport is a lot of technique but its basically cut and dry whoever lifts the most wins, period. That's appealing to me. I've never really trained for strength before but I am starting with a couple of guys I know and we'll see where it takes me. I am 212 now and will probably compete in the 230 range. currently my squat is 550 w/o a suit and deadlift is 415 w/o suit and bench is somewhere around 350. One thing I would like to know is from talking to a couple of PL's I noticed that they dont seem to "eat for size" like I would have thought they would. What would your diet be like. I typically consume 6000 cal a day 5-600g protein 800g carbs (both complex and simple) and never really watch they fat while bulking and it seems like this is where I am at my strongest. Is this advisable or is a leaner approach better.

I have a 560 bench and a 700 squat that goes up and down periodically. To get back, I noticed that when I eat a lot of carbs and don't really watch my diet, my strength comes faster. Obviously I am eating an assload of protein too, but I am not limiting it to just protein, though. I think everyones different, but for me I don't concern myself with cutting back on food. That's why I just started my first gear cycle so I can keep my muscle and cut my fat.

Well currently I just came off of dieting and cleaning out and have just recently started on some fina 75mg/E2D and now just upped it to 75mg/ED. I am also going to add some cyp in at 750mg/week and possibly 1000mg a week. We'll see how I respond to this I also have quite a bit of experience with insulin and although I have never really noticed any strength increase I did put on a lot of size with this so I may add 30iu's/day in also. (Any newb's plz get some info on insulin before taking this they aren't kidding when they tell you it will kill you quick)

Juice Junkie,

I would suggest competing at 220 for your first few meets. Powerlifting is about the maximum strength in a weight class. 230 is sort of no mans land...heavy 220 but light 242. You'll be going up against guys that (probably) weighed over 250 until the week of the meet.

if I were you I'd say screw all that size bullshit and go with some winny. I know winny helps a little with size but when I took it I noticed alot of strength gains. Good Luck!!!

Top Bottom