Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

I know, I know man. I just don't want to be that meathead. I did draw stares today so that did make it bareable.

BTW, 465x3 Dealift tomorrow. Lets see how that goes.

Deadlift

415x2
465x1

Blacked out at the top of 465, locked it out though, almost fell backwards on my heels though. Hardest DL rep of my life, and I was supposed to hit this for 3.

-Didn't get good sleep last night because I took adderall to study for an exam.
- my legs were still sore from squatting on tuesday and running on wednesday.
- The thing with me and running is that I weigh 205 and am only 5'9, my legs are meatsticks. When I run it is normally my legs that give out, not so much my cardio. Hopefully I get used to it so that it does not effect my workouts.

SLDL

275x10,9,7

Floor Press
185x5
205x3
225x3
245x3
265x3
280x1
295x3
225x9

Wow, remarkable improvement on the floor press. Every time I do this program I get stronger and stronger, loving it.

Squat Day:

410x2
315x7
275x7

Wtf, its like my squat is regressing at the same rate as if I was gaining strength. Ever since I came back to school, here is the past three weeks.

Week 1
420x2

Week 2
405x3

week 3
410x2

I am slowly getting weaker. Front squats start this friday, hopefully shit corrects itself.

On another note. I registered for a power lifting meet.

RPS Power Challenge on October 22nd.

I will be completing at 198, something tells me I will run show since I am in the teen division.

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. The weight is basically fluctuating within 2.5%. Could just be good and bad days. If you get stuck around 410 for ~3 more weeks, you may consider deloading or changing the exercise or rep range/volume/frequency slightly.

yeah did you start running when school started? That could have quite an affect on your squat strength. Kill it at that powerlifting meet that is awesome! I would definitely practice some singles and paused benches too

You have good strength genetics, you should do well at powerlifting. What are you aiming for this meet? Something like 405-315-460? That would be pretty sick for your first meet...

Honestly I am aiming much higher. I am thinking 440-330-480

Here are some things to consider before you say my expectations are too high.

- I will be using a belt, I have not trained with a belt for about 6 months
- I will be on a jack3d, something I also haven't used for about 3 months
- I will be using wrist wraps for bench
- I usually squat way below parallel (close to ATG) in training, going to parallel will be a significantly reduced ROM for me.
- I will be insanely motivated having a crowd of people watch me lift, this will be by far the biggest factor to consider. I am talking huge adrenaline rush.

My last bench sesh I floor pressed 295x3 which puts my training regular bench at about 315x2-3. Combing wrist wraps and jack3d I think I could 1RM 330.

Guys I am so pumped to be able to do this, seriously like I finally get to put my strength to use in something other than maxing out the bench in front of 5 of my friends.

I think I can win this meet for my division, I will be competing at the top of my weight and age class. I know very few teens who lift like I do at my body weight.

I weighed 198.8 this past Sunday morning, however I think my weight will continue to drop with the running I have been doing. This is why I am not to worried about losing my squat strength, I am getting lighter and its going to be tough, near impossible, to make weight gains on squats whilst losing BW.

What are the requirements for each lift in terms of form?

Do I only need to worry about breaking parallel on squats? Or do I also need to practice good form on the way up?

What about bench? How long will I need to pause?

Is there anything I need to watch out for on dead lift other than the lockout?

Top Bottom