Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

Havn't been posting lately but I have been hitting the gym.

Floor Press
135x5
185x3
205x3
225x5
245x3
260x3
275x5
280x3

Great stuff here, had my ring finger on the smooth circle of the bar. Hoping for 300x3 next week. That would be beast mode. Glad to be floor pressing again.

I think the heavy squatting and military pressing is really paying dividends.

DB Skull Crushers
45x7
40x8

Back Supported Row
315x8
295x8
285x8
275x4

Really got a burn on these bad boys.

Back Squat:

135x5
185x5
225x4
275x5
315x5
365x5
405x3

I have been messing with my routine and due to the running I have had to been doing for PT and having over a week since my last squat day.

Front Squat

315x2 (Clean Grip)

I might try to switch over to clean grip on these, it will allow me to get the weight closer to being over my center of gravity.

(A+B) Alternate

Here is my new routine (I am switching to DL every other week):

Week A

Monday Bench
Tuesday Back Squat
Wednesday Off
Thursday Bench/OHP
Friday DL

Week B

Monday Bench
Tuesday Back Squat
Wednesday Off
Thursday Bench/OHP
Friday Front Sqat

Can't get away with doing legs once a week on the weeks I don't. DL

Dave Tate program for Bench days 1+2. I am doing an OHP on Bench day 2 because I don't want to stop OHP'n even though it isn't in the program.

DL day I will Doing SLDLs and Rowing movements

Front Squat day will be pull up routines and rowing. On top of 3+ work sets of the front squat of course.

Back squat day will be a ball buster for me.

Speed Bench
185x8x3

Solid stuff, pissed that the bar i was using didnt have the proper knurlings so I couldn't get my hand placement spot on.

3 Board Press
285x3
295x3

Really need to figure out a way to secure the board on my chest, as of right now what I do is put it under my shirt and tuck in my shirt. However I sweat like a greased monkey in the gym so its not too stable. I think I'm just going to have my spotter hold it to my chest next time so I can focus on the actual press, and not trying to balance a board on my chest while benching.

Never tried any of this myself but I guess some people use velcro or a band or a bungee cord or perhaps you could cut the bottom section off of a tight white tshirt off and use that. Depends what you have access to.

Maybe even some small diameter rope or twine, loop it around your back and then tie a knot over it while you lay there.

And lol at the greased monkey comment

cant you get a spotter to hold it?

or you could buy a belt, like the sort you put around your waist, and tighten it around your chest with the board on

Thanks guys, I think I'll just have my boy spot me on these and hold it down.

I go to my school gym and I don't feel like drawing that much attention to myself. Call me what you want haha..

I agree having the spotter hold it is probably the best idea if they are competent.

I wouldn't worry too much about calling attention to yourself when you're benching ~300 lbs for reps. Most of the people in there are probably going to be at least glancing at you from time to time, given the weight you're moving. And it's not as if you're performing antics just to draw attention from people.

You're probably stronger than 95% of the people in there. About the only thing they can be saying (even in their heads) is:
"Wow look at that clown who's twice as strong as me benching ~3 plates with text books on his chest and a bungee cord around him. What a bitch!!"

Top Bottom