Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

lol deadlifting doesnt work the lats in the way that rowing does. You want rowing in there to counter benching, help your deadlift, and strengthen your "platform" for benching. I havent done them in forever personally but I'm about to add them back.

But yeah more advanced lifters often deadlift only 1-2 times a month. When I have taken breaks before (this summer was a little too long though) I have come back stronger and feeling so refreshed to pull. Also you were getting your squat up big time so that helped I'm sure

All I know is I could not get 455 for three when I was DL'n once a week. However if I wanted to push myself I could have had it for four yesterday.

I guess it is time to start rowing hard.

OHP

155x3
175x4
165x2
155x5

Final rep of 175 was the hardest rep of my life on the military press.

Bad news guys...

It turns out the bars at the Y do not weigh 45lbs. I realize this because lifting at school where the usey real OLY bars the weight seems heavier.

It was obvious today when I was OHPressing that the weight is normal here, and actually lighter at the Y. I should have known...

yeah thats typical man many gym's bars weigh about 40 pounds. Nice lifting though you could be at a bodyweight military press in not too long....

OHP

135x5
155x4
180x4
170x4
160x5
145x5
135x2

Smoked my shoulders on these. I can definitely hit 185x3 which is sick. For some reason I just felt like a manimal today.

Switching back to front squats, also going to switch from cross arm grip to a clean grip.

My goal for front squats: 340x3

Dam Mike. Nice job bro! I am stuck at a measly 145 on OHP deloaded once already and am back there now hoping to break that plateau. Sick work bro.

Military Presses are a very mental lift. You need to manhandle the bar once you unrack it and really give it a solid heave upward. No trying to isolate the shoulders, just get that effin bar above your head without using your legs to cheat. Grip the bar hard.

This can make a 10 lbs. difference in the lift.

Military Presses are a very mental lift. You need to manhandle the bar once you unrack it and really give it a solid heave upward. No trying to isolate the shoulders, just get that effin bar above your head without using your legs to cheat. Grip the bar hard.

This can make a 10 lbs. difference in the lift.

Thanks for the tip. I will give this a shot when it comes back around monday bro.

Top Bottom