Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

Thanks man, I got my singlet in the mail last night, looks fresh. I'll be sure to take vids of all my lifts.

Right now I am as strong as ever, I just have one concern. Making weight.

When I wake up I weigh 198 on the nose, I'm debating if I should take laxatives on the morning of the meet to make weight if I think I am close.

Will that negatively effect my lifts? Provided I drink ample water to account for dehydration.

I'm thinking you should switch to a 10x5 routine at 50% of your 1 RM to increase volume dude.

Nice front squats btw, I would shit my pants.

Not killin anything right now, just been lazy the past few days sittin on my ass.

Hitting in hard tomorrow I suppose with my weak ass low volume routine...

By the way where do you go to find meets? I might look into one soon if they have a novice/ameteur category or something. I'd suck ass but at least I'd get used to how it goes.

So for dead lifts I read heavy singles, doubles and triples are the way to go.

Cato you have already learned me a few things about DL loading, however I am going to start dead lifting again and I need a program that won't hinder my other lifts.

The Coan Phillippi was a little too much for me, although I think Speed sets on the DL are a brilliant idea.

How many sets of single, double, triples should I look for? I always thought for dead lift you could do a heavy triple and call it a day, just from the sheer weight you used you would elicit gains.

What exactly are you trying to do right now? You just want to maintain? Or you want to try to increase but mainly focused on your other lifts? Or what?

Haha I have not been dead lifting for over a month now and have been continuing the make gains.

I love dead lifting. Love it.

I just do not no how to incorporate them into a program because they are so damn weird. I feel like they are too exhausting and I end up going strong for the first three weeks. Then I will start accumulating stress on my back so that I will start waking up with a sore lower back in the mornings, then my dead lift days start regressing till I felt stronger a month ago than I did four dead lift workouts later.

My goal is to make gains on deadlifts without impacting my recovery, I was thinking doing a single heavy triple set followed by speed dead lifts each week. I just want to be able to do them without fatiguing myself too the point that it starts impacting my overall recovery.

I will deadlift for the first time in a month tomorrow. I want to hit 465x3. Just leave it all on the platform haha.

465x3 is gonna be rough good luck...

I've been pulling every other week and making steady gains, just lots of focus on assistance work

What if you did a combination of block/rack pulls with the bar just below the knee and speed deads? With that you'll be pulling heavy and getting used to heavy weights while working on technique and speed from the floor with the speed deads, while at the same time your lower back should remain fresher since your back will be more upright with the block/rack pulls than with normal deads and obviously speed deads won't bother you.

Something like:

W1: Work to a heavy triple on block pulls in 5-8 sets total, 3x3 speed deads from the floor@50% of your max
W2: Beat W1's triple in 5-8 sets, 3x3 speed deads from the floor@55% of your max
W3: Beat W2's triple in 5-8 sets, 3x3 speed deads from the floor@60% of your max
W4: You can either deload the block pulls here and then pick back up in W5 or you can continue and try to beat W3's triple, reset the speed deads back to 3x3@50% here

And continue this on until you plateau or whatever, in minicycles.

Maybe you can start off with like 405 as your first triple target if you don't know where to begin.

Top Bottom