Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

You'll probably want to start using your belt in training, at least a bit, to get used to it. Same with your wraps. You may want to try to do your lifts without looking in a mirror if you normally do that.

Don't drop/rack lifts unless they give you the signal. You usually need to lower the deadlift to the floor "under control" or something similar. Obviously don't hitch.

Seems like people like to open with a weight they can triple, 2nd attempt do a weight maybe +/-5 lbs of your PR, 3rd go for a big PR.

Check your fed's rules.

EM and moya can probably tell you more. Good luck.

Plan on doing a tapering scheme as the contest nears?

I am going to continue the Tate Bench cycle I am on right now. It will actually workout perfect for getting me ready to bench a big PR.

As for everything else, I am just going to do what I am doing. I'll get two more DL sessions in before the meet, I think. and three more squat and front squat sessions.

If I could I would compete ASAP, I am happy with my numbers now and I don't like the way my squat is regressing, its kind of horseshit.

I have no idea what to do in the weak prior to the meet, instead of trying some crazy deload scheme I think I might just do my normal workout during the week and stop my deadlift a week before the comp, my squat 4 days before the meet and my bench 3 days before the meet.

That seems like it should work.

By tapering I meant more of reducing volume, not intensity. I definitely wouldn't deload unless you had prior experience doing that successfully. Many people lose some strength for a few weeks if they deload. Sort of like rising to the occasion, except in that case it would be sinking to the occasion.

Speed Bench: 185x8x3

Board Press:

285x3
300x5

Real grinder on the last rep, but this is a huge PR for me. I cant wait to see what I board Press when I start my workout with it instead of ending with it.

OHP

155x5
145x5
135x5

My shoulders were obv cashed on these, still felt amazing.

Love the way my bench is feeling right now, if only my squat would rally the fuck up and follow suit.

Wish I could see my BW. Hope it didn't go up.

damn dude your bench, board press, and floor press are getting quite strong! Bet with that dave tate routine you will have a solid bench for the powerlifting meet

Front Squats (Clean Grip)

335x3
325x3
315x2
275x3

Wow, bent these over and raped them nonconsentually. First time front squatting in over 3 months, never front squatted 335 before, never mind for 3 reps.

I will have approx. two more front squat sessions before the meet which is perfect, because the first three weeks of a new exercise are when you make the strongest gains.

This workout also confirms what I expected, my squat strength has not gone down, instead I have just been having bad days when I have been back squatting.

Bent Over BB Rows

175x8,7,6

Kroc Rows
85x20

Felt awesome, will be a sore puss tomorrow.

Last edited:
Floor Press

225x5
245x3
265x3
285x3
300x1
315x1
320x1
325x0

Wow 325 was SOOOOOOO close, literally 7 second rep where the bar didn't move an inch at the mid point. I could have had it if I flexed my abs or did something like focus on my pecs squeezing. SOOO close goddammit, if I didn't have the two heavy sets before it I could have had it.

Funny thing I noticed on top of this, I have a huge mental obstacle with 315lbs. on the bench. Like once the third plate goes on it feels like a ton in my hands. My spotter said my rep of 320 was noticably faster than 315. It weird and I don't like it.

The next two weeks are pretty important. I have two more bench sessions before the meet, they are board press days, which works out perfect as I will be able to really get to using big weights.

My wrist wraps along with my singlet are in the mail, I bought a pair of 20" Inzer Iron Z Wrist Wraps. I will be benching with them next week and the week after to break them in and really hammer the heavy weight.

Speed Bench

185x8x3
225x5
245x4
265x3
285x5 Close grip

Last rep of 285 was a real grinder but this puts my max around 332. That is with 8 sets of 185 before it also.

OHP

165x4
155x5
145x5

Front Squats (Clean Grip)

345x3
335x2
315x2
275x4

Ass to Grass on 275, holy crap I think my ass was literally an inch above the ground. Literally the lowest my ass has ever been without actually touching the ground, cause I literally cant go that low with my body weight.

Top Bottom