Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

3 Board Press
315x4

Think I finally broke through the 315 mental block, it felt really light for me.

Incline CG Press
185x7
175x7
165x5

Weak, as usual, haha.

Front Squat

135x3
185x3
225x3
275x2
315x1
355x2
345x2
325x1
275x4

Tough Tough Tough. Felt great.

Barbell Row

205x4
195x4
185x5
175x5

Other back stuff

Couple of things
- BW 195.4 this morning
- Competing at 198 this Saturday
- I have one more leg day on Tuesday, I don't know whether I should be doing a heavy squat set for a triple, or if I should be doing a speed squat with 225 or something. I will be doing deadlift speed sets after my squat regardless.

I will have not back squatted for two weeks by this Tuesday so I think I will do a heavy triple 425x3 so I have a new idea of where I am at for my squat. I will have four days of recovery between Tuesday and Saturday so I think that should be ample time for one set of low rep squats.

I'd definitely go with the heavy triple if I were you.

Btw, did you see my post about deadlifting on the last page? You haven't mentioned anything about it.

What if you did a combination of block/rack pulls with the bar just below the knee and speed deads? With that you'll be pulling heavy and getting used to heavy weights while working on technique and speed from the floor with the speed deads, while at the same time your lower back should remain fresher since your back will be more upright with the block/rack pulls than with normal deads and obviously speed deads won't bother you.

Something like:

W1: Work to a heavy triple on block pulls in 5-8 sets total, 3x3 speed deads from the floor@50% of your max
W2: Beat W1's triple in 5-8 sets, 3x3 speed deads from the floor@55% of your max
W3: Beat W2's triple in 5-8 sets, 3x3 speed deads from the floor@60% of your max
W4: You can either deload the block pulls here and then pick back up in W5 or you can continue and try to beat W3's triple, reset the speed deads back to 3x3@50% here

And continue this on until you plateau or whatever, in minicycles.

Maybe you can start off with like 405 as your first triple target if you don't know where to begin.

My bad man I skipped right over it, always happens with the last post on a page.

That is a tremendous idea. I have nothing to lose and by not pulling heavy straight from the floor it should be much more forgiving on my back. The speed deads will allow me to keep the motion of pulling from the floor which will be great.

I will implement it and log it starting next Tuesday. Luckily the racks at my school give me the option to do rack pulls.

So you think I should hit the heavy triple on Tuesday? I think I agree.

You mentioned you haven't really back squatted for a while and I know for myself if I haven't done a movement heavy for a while it'll sometimes take me 1-2 heavy workouts to get back to where I was, even if I've been doing other similar lifts in the mean time. Better to hit it hard at least once before your meet to get your mental game in check at the least. Not worth the risk that you can't lift at or near your best for your meet. Doing a heavy triple 4 days before the meet isn't going to have any negative affect on you. You probably won't even be sore the next day from ramping to one heavy triple.

Board Press

135x5
185x5
225x5
245x3
265x3
285x3
305x1
325x3
295x3
275x5

Definitely could have gotten 330, which I decided to go heavy but I was a little hesitant with 325, which I ended up raping.

Weighted Dips

3x10x90

Just tried to explode on these for some lockouts.

Last heavy bench day before the comp. I have speed bench on Thursday, any ideas on how I should be benching 2 days before the meet?

Speed day is probably the best idea huh?

Speed Bench (2 days before competition)
185x8x3
225x3
255x3
275x2
305x1
315x2 (wrist wraps)
315x1

Got a little carried away, could have hit it for a triple methinks.

Paused DB extensions from the floor
50x8
45x8

DB Flyes
50x2x8

Went a little too hard today... Hopefully this doesn't effect me on the meet, I didn't do anything till failure, I think I will just be a little sore tommmorow.

Honestly I am aiming much higher. I am thinking 440-330-480

Here are some things to consider before you say my expectations are too high.

- I will be using a belt, I have not trained with a belt for about 6 months
- I will be on a jack3d, something I also haven't used for about 3 months
- I will be using wrist wraps for bench
- I usually squat way below parallel (close to ATG) in training, going to parallel will be a significantly reduced ROM for me.
- I will be insanely motivated having a crowd of people watch me lift, this will be by far the biggest factor to consider. I am talking huge adrenaline rush.

My last bench sesh I floor pressed 295x3 which puts my training regular bench at about 315x2-3. Combing wrist wraps and jack3d I think I could 1RM 330.

Guys I am so pumped to be able to do this, seriously like I finally get to put my strength to use in something other than maxing out the bench in front of 5 of my friends.

I think I can win this meet for my division, I will be competing at the top of my weight and age class. I know very few teens who lift like I do at my body weight.

I weighed 198.8 this past Sunday morning, however I think my weight will continue to drop with the running I have been doing. This is why I am not to worried about losing my squat strength, I am getting lighter and its going to be tough, near impossible, to make weight gains on squats whilst losing BW.

What are the requirements for each lift in terms of form?

Do I only need to worry about breaking parallel on squats? Or do I also need to practice good form on the way up?

What about bench? How long will I need to pause?

Is there anything I need to watch out for on dead lift other than the lockout?

oh hell yes... havent been in your log for a minute i guess...
just make sure your opening attempts are somewhat conservative... even as much as 50lbs under your planned 3rd attempt...

you will most likely need a pair of long socks for the deadlift, pretty sure most all feds require that... if you havent used your belt much, i would reccomend using it during all your warmup sets that day so you have a good feel for it...

squats pretty much just to parallel... some feds are pickier than others though... once youre on the way up, make sure you dont dip back down at all or they will call that; also dont shift your feet after you walk it out and get the 'squat' command...

knee wraps may or may not be allowed...

the bench you will get a 'start' command after you have it out of the rack, a 'press' command will be given once the bar becomes motionless on your chest (maybe a half second) and then when you have the bar back up, wait for the 'rack' command...

youre going to love it!... adrenaline will count for some, though i would have liked to see you take off about a whole week from lifting prior... but im sure youll still do fine...

also, if making weight looks to be an issue (and i dont like that you are running so much, thats not going to help the squat)... see if maybe they have an early 24-hr weigh-in... i always weigh in the day before, on stage im probably a good 8-10lbs over hehe... just stay focused and you will have a blast...

Way ahead of you Moya.

I scheduled my weigh in for 11:30AM a couple of hours from now. I will then have all day to eat like a pig. I will be competing at 198 weigh 205 haha.

Will they let me DL in socks? Or do I have to wear shoes?

I also don't think I need to walk the bar out as they have a monolift I think.

Top Bottom