Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

Know what you mean though that's one of the reasons I squat from a box.

As for rows, I don't care if I'm cheating. If I'm rowing a 110-120 lb DB, maintaining solid posture but using a little body language in the last stretch, well then fuck the skinny guy rowing 50's if he has something to say about it...all I know is my deads are climbing and my damn shirts don't fit right.

Squats

135x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x1
420x4

Kind of had too narrow of a stance on these, could have gotten 5 if I had not screwed up my stance at the beginning.

Check the vid I posted on my squats, should be further down the weightlifting section.

Deadlifted for the first time in 2 months today

135x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x2
405x1
455x2

SLDLs
275x10
275x8
275x6

Could have done more on 455 but I did not want to sacrifice form.

So guys why the hell am I stronger at dead lifting now than when I was doing a dead lifting program. I just felt so fresh today, no back problems at all.

I think I might deadlift every other week, that might be what works for me, because when I deadlift once a week my back just feel chronically fatigued. Any thoughts guys?

nice

So guys why the hell am I stronger at dead lifting now than when I was doing a dead lifting program. I just felt so fresh today, no back problems at all.

sounds like you were grinding yourself into the ground with the high volume DL program, now you had chance to recovery and come back fresh you could put maximum intensity into it.

you also pushed your squat up quite a bit lately... thats gotta help your pulling

I think I might deadlift every other week,
Yeah I've also been thinking of taking every 3rd week off from deadlifts too, and on that week just hitting some extra hamstring work on leg day.

Supercompensation doesn't necessarily occur within one week for more experienced lifters. Fatigue doesn't necessarily dissipate within one week. So it could be that you were pulling each week in an accumulated fatigued state or it could be that you may not even have completely supercompensated until 1 month (or more or less) after you stopped doing the deadlifting program.

Also, as EM said, increasing your squat will drive your deadlift up as well.

Here is what I will do from now on I think

Week 1

Mon Squat
Tues Bench
Wed
Thurs Deadlift
Fri OHP

Week 2

Mon Squat
Tues Bench
Wed off
Thurs Weighted Chins/ row movements
Friday OHP

Alternate every week.

I feel like the squats will be hitting my legs enough on the weeks that i do not deadlift.

Any thoughts guys? Would you think squatting the day before the bench would screw me?

Top Bottom