Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prince of Pull

Thanks man, luckily I am using heavy enough weight so that I can add 5lbs. per week and my body can barely tell it is heavier.

I honestly am about to turn my squat day into a 5x5 as I am essentially doing that anyways but with the addition of a ballbusting set of 315 at the end.

All roads lead to the 5x5.

Overhead Press
135x5
155x3
170x5
165x5
160x5

170 did not feel difficult as hell. Had to switch barbells during my warm up sets because every single bar at the Y is bent like a banana, so friggen annoying. They need to upgrade their crap, seriously.

Barbell Rows

190x5
190x5
155x6
135x10

One thing I don't like about rows is I can't tell if I am cheating too much. Like how strict should I be on these, obviously I cant stay still as a statue when doing heavier weights. However how much back movement is too much. I am at a 45 degree angle and I always raise my back just a little bit to get some explosiveness on these.

Weighted Dips
90x6
90x7
90x4

Nice job on the OHP...

Your form should be fine, I usually start closer to a ninety degree angle and when I'm rowing heavier it's almost a 45...as long as you're rowing and it's fucking hard I think you're all right.

For bent rows I bend all the way over to just above parrallel and use no hip explosion.

If you're really exploding and your body moves an inch or two then fine, but I've never understood why people jerk the weight up my extending the hips. It's just like bouncing a benchpress IMO

Nice job on the OHP...

Your form should be fine, I usually start closer to a ninety degree angle and when I'm rowing heavier it's almost a 45...as long as you're rowing and it's fucking hard I think you're all right.

I think I might just go with that theory. I can kind of gauge how much cheat is too much. Like today I did not feel like I was cheating on these, they were good solid reps.

On lower weights I touch the bar to my sternum at the top of the reps. However I can't really row the weight up that high once it gets heavier.

Do you guys touch your sternum(or any part of your torso) when doing BB Rows?

nothing wrong with a little "cheating" on rows. However try to keep it the same week to week because you could think you are progressing but it reality you are just cheating a little better

I know man.

Haha I said I hate rows for a reason, I know they are good for me but I really like exercises like the bench and deadlift. Where you either get the weight up or you don't.

Top Bottom