Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Cardio Nutrition (the final word)

maxb01

I'd like to get this straight once for all.
I know after a resistance workout the meal should be in liquid form as quickly absorbable, fine.

After morning cardio (when cutting), some people say to wait 1 h, some people sat not to. Now, apart from whether we should wait or not, when we eat after morning cardio, should the meal be all in liquid form too? Or can it be solid?
Then, in case you said I should wait 1h and then have just a a shake; when would I put some solid food in my stomach so?
If I was going to have a shake: just protein or carbs + protein mix (when cutting)?

I'll sum it up in a short paragraph for you:

This is based on personal experience and research:
After you morning cardio, take 5-10 g glutamine with some Amino Acids. Then have a protein shake (lean protein w/out carbs nor fat in it), and about 10-15 min later eat some solid food; example: 30g liquid protein, then 10-15 min later 10 egg whites + 3 oz. chicken breast (skinless) ---or if you have oatmeal, then have the oatmeal, it all depends on your usual meal plan---
My 2cents
Mr.X:cool:
[email protected]

The final word is no matter what you do your results aren't going to be that different. I don't know why people try to make things so difficult when it really isn't. Energy balance(calories in vs calories out) is without a doubt the utmost factor in losing fat. The rest is icing on the cake and won't make much of a difference.

You can eat right after, 15 mins after, 3 hours after, whatever. I do my cardio, then hop in the shower to get ready for work and then I eat. I could just as soon walk straight from the treadmill to a breakfast that is sitting ready on the table and there would be no difference in fat loss at the end of the week.

Is there an "optimum" time to eat? Possibly, though as you've seen people argue about what it is and they all think they're right. I guarantee you if you tried each different way for a week at a time your fat loss would not be any different.

Do what is convinient or feels natural and don't follow what joe-bob-know-it-all thinks because it works for him.

Take it as you wish, but most calories burnt are not burned during the cardio, but the hour AFTER cardio, therefore, common sense would tell you that you should eat 60 mins after cardio.

In the mornings, 60 mins after cardio, I have
1 apple
1 ww bread
8 egg whites

i know calories are sure burned at a high rate during cardio and after cardio, but although the metabolism remains high right after intense cardio i'm not sure that you burn *as much* as DURING. After all, the numbers on treadmills/elliptical machines/stairsteppers might state that I'm burning calories at a rate of about 800 calories per hour, or more than 1000 if I'm going hard at it (and i do the cardio right with good posture, i input my weight, etc so the calorie #'s are at least near target). I do the cardio for about 30 to 40 minutes. If I burned 800 or 1000 calories in the hour following my cardio I would sure know it. That's almost half of what I eat in a day! Considering I'm not wasting away and my lifts are going up, I feel that can't be right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom