Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Peanut butter? When is best to eat it and is it as good as they say?

Cut chris

Banned
Hey, so for the past month, my last meal of the day has been a grilled chicken breast topped with peanut butter landed with a little red chilli and smoked garlic, tastes great, obviously low carb, but is the peanut butter a healthier option than say a grilled chic breast and a dollop of ketchup?

My mouth is watering...

Ketchup is LOADED with sugar and salt so almost anything is a better choice.....PB is a tough call, even the natty PB isn't as beneficial as almond butter IMO (from my experience)

Maybe consider a little hummus in that meal in place of the ketchup or PB....just adjust the fat calories in your other meals.....

Doesn't hummus have lot of oil in?
What do you think peanut butter is?! On average three quarters of the calories from peanut butter in even natural varieties comes from fat.

Now if you make your own hummus (the world's easiest thing to make, BTW) you can control the amount of fat. One variation on the recipe is as follows: For one drained/rinsed can of chickpeas you add one scant tablespoon of tahini (or unsweetened peanut butter) and about two tablespoons of olive oil, lemon or lime juice to taste, one garlic clove and pinch of salt, blend until smooth. You can thin with a little water if it's still too thick. You'll end up with more than two cups of hummus that in total has less than 50 grams of fat -- compared that to the 16 grams of fat in two tablespoons of any given peanut butter.

Imo, I feel that both natural peanut and almond butter have their advantages and negatives, and not a definitive answer to which one is best, but I appreciate everyone has their own preferences and experience. Personally I don't feel almond is good enough to warrant the almost double cost of peanut.

As for the hummus, I have made it in the past using walnut oil, which I believe to be the best by far, but I'm not a huge fan of the taste or texture. I have a paleo recipe for a BBQ sauce that I am going to try this weekend, if it works I'll post the recipie

Peanut butter is healthy and delicious if you can afford the calories. I stay away from it completely when trying to loose fat but eat it every day when maintaining or trying to gain weight. And I eat 3 tbsp on top of oatmeal flavored with cocoa and a bit of artificial sweetener. Its like a big bowl of reese. YUM

Peanut Butter is a product which is quite high in calories and it’s packed with those heart-healthy monounsaturated fats that can increase your body’s production of testosterone, which can help your muscles grow and your fat melt. Besides it is verye very tasteful. I use it t on an apple or to add flavor to bland smoothies, but i limit myself to 3-4 spoons per day

Even though I have had to cut out peanut butter altogether (too many calories, trying to lower the caloric intake), I do think that it is just amazing with almost anything and there is nothing wrong, especially if you go with organic. Sure it has a little sugar in it, but there is nothing in there that you would not find in say…a banana maybe?

Even though I have had to cut out peanut butter altogether (too many calories, trying to lower the caloric intake), I do think that it is just amazing with almost anything and there is nothing wrong, especially if you go with organic. Sure it has a little sugar in it, but there is nothing in there that you would not find in say…a banana maybe?

???

Those are 2 completely different foods, you're looking @ a high GI in the banana where the PB gives you a source of fats

Top Bottom