Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Other lifters over 30: How much do you have left in your tank?

36 going on 37 here. I'm in the best shape of my life.

I've been lifting since early 20's. Had knee surgery last year which sucked, but I came back better than ever.

I'm not slowing down until it means life or death...........

good post.....

I'm 43 and stronger than ever, plan on continuing till I dropdead. Funny, when I was in my teens and Bodybuilding was still a relatively unknown sport that few ventured into, I remember reading an article that stated that after 30 you could forget about ever making more gains and you'd be lucky to just maintain what you had. Times and knowledge have sure changed things.

I am 37 and I feel better and look better than I have in my whole life. I won't be quitting. When you quit you get fat and die. Look around you don't see any old fat men because they are DEAD!

whats that guys name again...jack lelaine I think..the dude in his 80's who's still works out like 4 hours a day??

I saw Jack Lelane on TV the other day. He is in his 80's, but he's still fit and as agile as a cat. Also check out Clarence Bass. He's in his 60's. Every few years he gets himself tested at the Cooper Institute and his scores are like that of a 20 year old.
http://www.cbass.com/index.htm

Haven't studies shown that even those in their 70s, 80s, even 90s benefit from weight training? I think I read that it reduces bone loss, the onset of senility, etc., and is recommended even for nursing home patients. Those working out with 50-pound dumbells might laugh at a picture of some old guy curling with some 5-pound dumbell; but 5-pound dumbell curl workouts are better than no workout at all.

I believe that regular exercise -- both aerobic and nonaerobic physical exercise -- (as well as exercising the brain) are beneficial for any age; and that once one gives up on these, he/she really begins to go downhill fast.

Just turned 33. Feel better than I ever have. I see no reason, barring a catastophic injury, to ever stop.

Joker

I'm 40 and just as stronger than ever...plenty of energy...do some cardio three days per week...many young guys don't do any and won't be able to keep up to ya

Spruceman said:
Haven't studies shown that even those in their 70s, 80s, even 90s benefit from weight training? I think I read that it reduces bone loss, the onset of senility, etc., and is recommended even for nursing home patients.

I don't believe that it reduces bone loss. As you get older, calcification of bone increases naturally which means an increase in bone loss. I don't know of any direct correlation between working out and inhibition of bone depletion.

Top Bottom