Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oh my abs!

Thank yall so much for the wonderful help and advice!

I can't wait to start eating differently...I know I'll FEEL better and hopefully look better, too! :)

Beans are good protein, but you may have to add some other protein since you need at least 20g. However, be careful not to over do i. The above protein is perfect.
If you train in the afternoon, have the protein shake post training, meal #2 where I place it. On meal 2, have some whole food instead.

you mention Oatmeal which one do you recommend & how much?
As for protein shakes is Myoplex light ok?
And how much protein meats for each meal 4-6 ounces?

you mention Oatmeal which one do you recommend & how much?
As for protein shakes is Myoplex light ok?
And how much protein meats for each meal 4-6 ounces?

One of the oatmeal's I like is McAnn's steel cut, or coach's oats.
Have 1/3 cup with water.
With protein shakes, just find one you like the taste, but also low in carbs and fat, because is best to get your carbs from whole foods and good fats. I only like protein shakes, post workout because it gets into your system quicker.

I have never used any added weight for my abs. I also do them every time I work out. Hanging leg raises one day. Swedish ball the next. Then crunches the day after that. Then repeat. Never more then 4 sets.
Everyone is right. They are all diet!

i think your abs are composed of fast-twitch muscle fibers which respond best to fewer reps and more resistance going at a slower tempo. this is how i train my abs, mostly on the ab machines. i like doing them this way as apposed to doing them with body weight. but do what you like and feel comfortable with, thats how you'll stick with it.

Yeah...I think it's just finding what works for me...but it's taking a while to figure that out. And I'm eating differently, but I can't expect results overnight...unfortunately :)

One of the oatmeal's I like is McAnn's steel cut, or coach's oats.
Have 1/3 cup with water.
With protein shakes, just find one you like the taste, but also low in carbs and fat, because is best to get your carbs from whole foods and good fats. I only like protein shakes, post workout because it gets into your system quicker.

Thandie- where do you buy that oatmeal? I'm not familiar with these two...but it could be a regional difference. Are they at Whole Foods?

Yeah...I think it's just finding what works for me...but it's taking a while to figure that out. And I'm eating differently, but I can't expect results overnight...unfortunately :)

Don't spend all the time focusing on your abs. If you do that you might miss the fact that you are really happy with the rest of your body!!!
I have crossed that bridge and its not fun.
Its good to have goals but take the time to appreciate where you are and what you have achieved!

Don't spend all the time focusing on your abs. If you do that you might miss the fact that you are really happy with the rest of your body!!!
I have crossed that bridge and its not fun.
Its good to have goals but take the time to appreciate where you are and what you have achieved!

You're so right. I have a tendency to do this: whether it's my abs, legs, arms, whatever. Sometimes I get too caught up in what I don't like instead of focusing on what I do like.

Thanks for the great reminder to stay positive!!! :D

Top Bottom