Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No Improvement

Missiecb

Hi Peeps this is my first time posting so a bit of a newbie and a bit shy!!!

Basically I have done really low meal replacement diets in the past but have now put back on a stone of weight. I am trying the healthy way and am eating low carb style meals. Having a egg white omelette for breakie, protein shake for lunch and also a protein and veggie meal at night. Im in the gym at lunch doing things like spinning for 45 mins and also in the evening when I get a chance doing squats etc and a bit of cardio (cardio before weights).

Anyway I haven't really seen any improvements in a)my weight and b)my inches. I have actually put on an inch it seems all over!!

I am beyond exasperated with this and cant face going back on a meal replacement diet as it will kill me off i think lol

Any help would really be appreciated as im close to giving up xxxxxxxxxx

PS the only bad thing im really having is a couple of cups of sugary coffee one in the morning and one in the evening :( maybe a couple glasses of wine at the weekend but not every weekend !:qt:

I am 5ft 4 and weight 10st 12lbs at the moment with about 32% body fat

Woman. You JUST posted. Relax lol we always respond when we're able.

First off, I need a detailed idea of what you eat everyday. Is what you listed all you eat? That's not enough..if you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode which means it holds onto the weight you have for dear life thinking it won't be fed...and makes it very hard to lose weight.

Second, I need a detailed idea of what you do in the gym. 'squats etc' isn't enough. If you're not training enough or correctly, that'll also hinder your losses.

Lots of things happening here...in order for us to help and get to the bottom of it, we need more info.

For an example of what Psizzle is talking about take a look at my journal. I went from not eating more than 700ish calories a day to eating more than 2times that much and have dropped more than 10lbs. Also, in the sticky thread titled, "Start here" is a link to a discussion of Metabolic Damage that would be well worth your time reading.

I wish you the best of luck.

-Treasure.

Hey girlies sorry for the impatience lool thats me to a T!!!!

Anyway im doing spinning/interval on the runner for 40 mins at lunch then in the evening im doing either a total body workout class or 20 mins cardio on a machine then 3 x 15 squats and lunges with 5lbs weights and also arms as im doing it. Then a bit of stomach on a swiss ball.

That pretty much sums up my diet. im so worried about getting bigger if i eat more......think thats the result of doing the cambridge diet thats done that.

Weighed this morning and im 3lbs up from last week so feeling very down about it. Other half suggested going back on the cambridge as it worked last time but i have to give up the gym as it would kill me off!!!

Really appreciate the posts hun and will have a read! Got 6 weeks til my holiday and im determined to get somewhere so I look good on the beach ![/I][/I]

So just come back from the gym had carrots and hummus this morning as couldn't get anything else. Just having a green tea then probably a tuna salad.

At the gym I ran on interval on a at about 9 (km i think) for about 15 mins with big sprint at the end then used the leg machines for 15 and stomach on swiss ball.

Tonight will be a spinning class for 50 mins x

How long have you been lifting 5lbs? That's not very much weight. I mean, a gallon of milk weighs 10lbs and a gallon of water weighs 8lbs. Once you hit a level determined by your body, you'll have to increase the weights to continue to see improvement. So, you need to periodically increase your weights that you're using. Cardio will only do so much to reshape your body, from there it's all about the weights. Try completely changing up your exercise routine. One of the changes that most of the experts here recommend, is doing your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (fasted cardio). If you choose to do fasted cardio, make sure to leave your sugar out of your coffee in the morning. The whole point of fasted cardio is to burn off the glycogen stored in the system from the previous day so that your body uses today's sugar to make glycogen, not fat. The ideal situation, from what I've learned, is to do your fasted cardio in the morning followed immediately by your lifting/strength training. That allows your body to burn the right fuels for the right exercises.

What kind of ab work do you do on the Swiss ball? Some ab exercises are useless, others are awesome.

From everything I've read/learned/know, you're definitely under eating for the level of activity you have. Have you taken the time to figure your TDEE?

As for being up 3lbs, that could be a good thing, if you were doing some kind of weight lifting/strength training since muscle weighs more than fat. Like someone here told me, if you're only worried about seeing a specific number on the scale, just chop off your right leg, since that should get you there. LOL! Seriously though, if you want proof that raising your calories can help you drop weight, just read this. When you're done there, go read up on Metabolic Damage. Another article that may interest you is from the Start Here thread as well and that's this one. (I linked the articles in question in each sentence about them so just click on those.)

I'm not an expert yet, but hopefully these will at least help steer you in the right direction.

HTH
-Treasure.

also, don't get hung up on the scale...I can flucuate by as much as 12lbs in water weight
glycogen=water heald in tissue..but you need glycogen (although there an argument there I wont get into) to fuel workouts

you're definitely under eating for what you're doing

also, don't get hung up on the scale...I can flucuate by as much as 12lbs in water weight
glycogen=water heald in tissue..but you need glycogen (although there an argument there I wont get into) to fuel workouts

you're definitely under eating for what you're doing
I'm pacing. Let's argue

Top Bottom