Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Some Help w/ Goals

mbrooke5

Hey ladies I plan on trying out for The San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers in August. So, I need some diet and training modifications. I have a cheerleader body more than the dance body but they are looking for girls that have "the look" whatever than means. Anyhow I weigh 127lbs w/ 20% bodyfat. I would like to get that down by July 31st. Here is my diet and training schedule. I'm concerned that I sometimes do not eat enough, so what should my cal intake be? and carbs?

M-pm Chest 30 min HIIT
T-am 30 min moderate pm spin class 40 min
W-am 40 min Moderate pm back/bi's
R-pm Legs 20 min easy
F-am HIIT 30 min pm shoulders/tri's
S-Yoga

Food
Meal 1- 2egg whites, 2 turkey bacon, low carb tortilla
Meal 2-Fruit either watermelon, apple, pineapple
Meal 3-Chicken and veggies
Meal 4-fruit w/p.b. or string cheese
Meal 5(post workout)-shake
Meal 6-fish/chicken and veggies

Tell me what you guys think, losing 8-10 lbs is it feasible?

mbrooke5 said:
Hey ladies I plan on trying out for The San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers in August. So, I need some diet and training modifications. I have a cheerleader body more than the dance body but they are looking for girls that have "the look" whatever than means. Anyhow I weigh 127lbs w/ 20% bodyfat. I would like to get that down by July 31st. Here is my diet and training schedule. I'm concerned that I sometimes do not eat enough, so what should my cal intake be? and carbs?

M-pm Chest 30 min HIIT
R-pm Legs 20 min easy
S-Yoga

Food

I suggest you should have a protein, carb and fruit or vegie every meal. or meal reaplacement shake no moe than for 2 meals
I eat 6 small meals a day,

Meal 1 150 grams egg whites, 1 1/2 oz cream wheat, 1/2 cup bluberries with
1 tbsp udo's
Meal 2 Biox Powermeal with 1 1/2 scoops mixed with water
Meal 3 1 can tuna, 1 1/2 oz dry rice(measure dry) 1 cup vegies
Meal 4 Biox Powermeal with 1 1/2 scoops mixed with water
Meal 5 Some type of protein 6 ounces, whole wheat pasta, brown rice or some whole wheat pasta.1 tbsp udo's
Meal 6 Protein Shake and large salad with 1 tbsp udo's

And drink lots of water lots

Joe's Girl
Keep Pumping

mbrooke5 said:
M-pm Chest 30 min HIIT
R-pm Legs 20 min easy
S-Yoga

Food
ADD 3 MORE EGG WHITES HERE.

LOSE THE FRUIT - SUGAR. CHANGE THIS TO PROTEIN SHAKE.

GOOD MEAL, BUT I WOULD ADD SOME FAT TO IT - FLAX OR OLIVE OIL, ALMONDS

REPEAT MEAL 3.

GOOD. MAKE SURE SHAKE HAS JUST WHEY PROTEIN, NO FAT (OR ~1G), COUPLE CARBS.

GOOD. BUT ADD FAT SOURCE TOO - TBSP OIL, PB

That is more cardio than I typically think necessary, BUT you are talking about losing only about 8-10 lbs and we are looking at a finite amount of time. SO I think the workout looks good for the short amount of time you have.

Diet, I would change a little. Changes I put in your quote in ALL CAPS. Let me know if you have questions.

Make sure veggies are GREEN and as basic as possible. Think steamed brocolli, steamed asparagus, green beans. Add spices, mostly not sodium based. Limit condiments.

If you find your energy waning, add 1/4 cup oatmeal or cream of wheat to Meal 1 and that is it for starchy.

Daisy_Girl said:
That is more cardio than I typically think necessary, BUT you are talking about losing only about 8-10 lbs and we are looking at a finite amount of time. SO I think the workout looks good for the short amount of time you have.

Diet, I would change a little. Changes I put in your quote in ALL CAPS. Let me know if you have questions.

Make sure veggies are GREEN and as basic as possible. Think steamed brocolli, steamed asparagus, green beans. Add spices, mostly not sodium based. Limit condiments.

If you find your energy waning, add 1/4 cup oatmeal or cream of wheat to Meal 1 and that is it for starchy.

What do you think about string cheese, sugar free jello, and apple's? I like to eat p.b. and apples but if I am cutting out alot of other sugar, do you think the sugar in the apples will affect me?

Sugar from apples is FRUCTOSE - this will refill your liver glycogen and not your muscles. The liver, being smaller will refill quickly and so any spillover will go towards fat storage - the best place to include the APPLE (not apple and pb) is right before you workout as it will aid in the conversion of T3/T4 ( a good thing).

The sugar from other carb sources will go to your muscles first (if empty) and then to your fat storage (unless used up).

So count them as two different forms of 'sugar'

Good Luck ;) and holla if you need some more help - we are all happy to help you out =)

Sugar Free Jello is good snack/dessert. I would get the small, individual cups of it (like for children's lunches) so you don't overeat. :)

String Cheese, well, it's up to you. It is VERY processed and processed foods are usually a no-no in clean dieting. Along those lines, make sure your peanut butter is NATURAL PB (with oil separated on top). "Regular" PB is very processed, with added sugar and trans-fats.

As far as the apple, it is up to you. Will you reach your goals with it in? Probably. BUT, it *might* take longer AND you might EXCEED your goals by eating very very clean. But ultimately, it is your call. You are working with limited time though, not a lot of room for errors. You can always keep it in for now, then take it out after 2 weeks if you aren't seeing results. You should be losing around 1lb a week.

Daisy_Girl said:
String Cheese, well, it's up to you. It is VERY processed and processed foods are usually a no-no in clean dieting. Along those lines, make sure your peanut butter is NATURAL PB (with oil separated on top). "Regular" PB is very processed, with added sugar and trans-fats.

I usually get the low fat peter pan p.b., but I may have to invest in the natural stuff!

I think the cheese thing is going 2 be super difficult! I love cheese, so I think I will take it out all together so I am not tempted, or I will limit myself to low fat cheese in the morning on the egg whites.

But, Any ideas on what to put on steamed veggies?

Top Bottom