Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need some good carb cheat foods

fromBUTTtoCUTT

Here's the situation. I'm trying a carb cycling diet. I don't think that it's working, because every day has carbs so there's no ketosis, but not very many. I have three cheat days a week on this diet in which I lower my protein intake and can get my carb intake up to 350 grams. The thing is, I can eat clean food during the day and all, but when it comes time for snacks and after workouts even when not cheating.... I'm stumped. Also I've been on this diet for close to three weeks and have not seen results. If anyone has suggestions to help, please let me know. Thanks

yeah I hear that, 3 cheat days does seem like a lot, but the thing is, normal days, carbs are supposed to be kept under 150grams, and on cheat days they can expand to 350. Thats also another reason why I'm not sure whether or not this diet will work for me

fromBUTTtoCUTT

Are your goals fatloss, muscle gain, or overall performance? If it's fatloss you're after, I'd recommend you reduce your daily intake of carbohydrates. 350gms of carbohydrate is quite a lot - especially since glycogen/liver saturation peaks out at roughly 500 gms, thus additonal carbs at this point are stored as fat if not stored as glycogen.

About a half dozen folks at the gym where I work out have had fabulous results by combining macronutrient cycling, under my guidance. This is the exact program I use to get ultra ripped and shed bodyfat in record time while preserving - and building - lean muscle tissue.

The program is very similar to a CKD (Cyclic Ketoenic Diet), however, carbohydrates are cycled in and out of the plan more frequently, although the amount of carbohydrate ingested is less than the typical "once a week" carb load. The program consists of low carbs, moderate protein, moderate fat, daily for three days, then on the last meal of the third day, you have a single carb load meal - upwards of 200 gms of complex carbohydrate. Then on the fourth day you resume low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat. But this time you go four days until your carb load meal. Then repeat the cycle. Remember, these are carb load "meals" not days. i.e one high carb meal, last meal of the day. cycling every three to four days. Over time you will see that your metabolism can process more and more carbohydrate, thus the amounts of carbohydrate ingested on these carb meals can vary as high as 300 gms without negative consequence. I recommend you start with <200gms. Complex carbs rank#1, simple carbs rank #2. i.e starch over sugar.

The beauty of this routine is that it is mentally eaiser to adhere to, as you are not waiting 6 days to eat carbs. Also, because you are only having a single carb meal every three or four days, your glycogen stores are never full - thus spillover doesn't have a chance to occur. *Spillover occurs when glycogen stores are full and additional carbohydrate has to be either burned as fuel or stored as bodyfat. Remember, fat is only fattening when insulin levels are high, so don't worry about fat - just choose healty fats from nuts, flax, etc.

I encourage you to give it a go. I've seen nothing but positive results on this plan. It's quite a bit easier than the typical keto diet, but rewarding at the same time.

I've personally witnessed people drop 15 pounds of bodyfat in 8 weeks, while adding 5 pounds of lean muscle. Obviously a sensible strength training routine is needed here, but that's another discussion alltogether.

Last edited:
Thanks Rudee34, sounds good, I've been looking for something like that for a while. I'm definately looking to drop fat and maintain muscle. I could use a good 40lbs off. seems interesting but the kicker for me is,I don't see every label, also I don't exactly know how to estimate a lot of food's carbo count and calories as well.

I'll give you an example of what I eat for my carb meal: 1 bagel, 1 banana, 1 bowl of Oatmeal with raisins. It fills my belly, and lifts my spirits to endure the next 3-4 days of low carb eating.

It's a easier plan to stick to knowing that you only have to wait 3 or 4 days to eat carbs. I didn't get the benefits with the "once a week" carb pigout like I do with this plan.

Once you've achieved your desired body composition (notice I didn't say bodyweight?) you can slowly increase the frequency of carb feedings. If you've done your job in the gym and ingested a adequate amount of protein, a increased metabolism will provide you with the "insurance policy" you need to safely eat carbs without negative effects. Building metabolism does take time however, so don't expect to drop 40 pounds of pure bodyfat in a couple weeks, while thinking you'll look like Hercules. It won't happen. Over time however, you can literally transform you physique to levels you thought could not be achieved. Persistance + Dedication = results. Good luck!

Top Bottom