Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My journey to the new and improved me

1/4/08

Meal 1: tall fat free sugar free latte with 2 splenda from Starbucks ( I HAD to have coffee this morning) Also, I had 1 cup oatmeal with splenda.
Meal 2: Orange
Meal 3: Grilled chicken breast and baked beans
Meal 4: Muscle Milk Pudding
Meal 5: will be grilled chicken salad

Last edited:
silverstar1025 said:
You know I am eating healthy, but still unsure if I am eating the right things at the right time. I suppose if I am going to figure it out I should start posting it here again to get some tips. :) I will start doing that today I promise :)

Yesterday:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal 147 kcals
Meal 2: 1 orange 45 kcals
Meal 3: Grilled salmon and mashed potatoes ( I know that was a big no no) 3 oz = 175 kcals mashed potatoes????? 200 kcals
Meal 4: Protein shake Probably between 100-200 kcals
Bootcamp 1 hour
Meal 5: Grilled chicken breast and 1 cup of peas. 142 kcals + 41 kcals

I calculated that to be 950 kcals.

So unless you ate HUGE portions of chicken, salmon and mashed potatoes (which I have the feeling you wouldn't) you are on a starvation diet.

That is the best way to damage your metabolism, eat the muscle off your body.

Your diet is not what I would call 'healthy' hun. Unless you weight less than 70 lbs.

I would highly recommend you get a copy of Tom Venuto's feed the muscle, burn the fat.

Seriously, I am not sure how to put this to you, but what you are doing is a recipe for disaster as far how you want your body to look and health wise.

Tatyana said:
I calculated that to be 950 kcals.

So unless you ate HUGE portions of chicken, salmon and mashed potatoes (which I have the feeling you wouldn't) you are on a starvation diet.

That is the best way to damage your metabolism, eat the muscle off your body.

Your diet is not what I would call 'healthy' hun. Unless you weight less than 70 lbs.

I would highly recommend you get a copy of Tom Venuto's feed the muscle, burn the fat.

Seriously, I am not sure how to put this to you, but what you are doing is a recipe for disaster as far how you want your body to look and health wise.

I appreciate the advice. I never really think about how many calories, etc I am eating and that is a bad thing. I always figure I am eating healthy foods 5 times a day and never feel huingry so I thought I was ok. It is often really hard for me to eat a lot. I feel so full like I can hardly choke it down. Perhaps I need to start logging my food in fitday.

Food is not bad hun.

Hippocrates was the first to say let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food.

Even things like refined sugars have their place.

I would think you are probably not hungry as you have slowed your metabolism.

Your body adapts to how many calories you put into it.

If you think about the tens of thousands of years humans have lived just surviving the harsh environment, having to find all their food, all of this has adapted us to survival.

Your body does not know the difference between reduced calories, I want to look good in a bikini, and reduced calories, I am starving to death.

It thinks, I am starving to death. QUICK slow the metabolism to adapt to the lower calories, and get rid of the most metabolically expensive tissue, which is muscle.

Your body will also do everything it can to hold onto fat when it thinks it is starving.

Muscle is what gives the great shape to the body, and a really high metabolism.

I would track what your have been eating for a few days, see how many calories you have been eating, and then very slowly up them.

There is another book I think you may like, and the last time I checked it was still available on Amazon.

It is a macrobiotic primer, and some of the principles of macrobiotics are fantastic.

The Self-Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner

Aruyvedic cooking is also about healing foods.

I think this may help you with the whole 'food is bad' thing.

The best thing I got from studying and following macrobiotics for quite some time is that it is all about making food beautiful, and fully enjoying whatever you are eating, and to eat quality foods.

Here are a couple of links on this site I think you may find interesting and helpful

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...training/dieting-metabolic-damage-570773.html

Help to sort out your diet, including BMR calculations and shopping list
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/s...iet-565562.html

Just to give you an example of what happens when you lose muscle, the CT scan on the left is that of a 20 year old trained woman, the one on the right is a 30 year old untrained woman.

The white bit in the center is the femur, the yellow is muscle, and the red is FAT

Top Bottom