Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MTV's "True Life, I'm a Muay Thai Fighter" did you guys see it?

Big Rick Rock

istrator
Did you see it? what were your thoughts?

I don't get MTV, can you give a summary? It sounds interesting from the title, but then, MTV does manage to mess stuff up.

i thought it was good. Training to be a fighter is rough - always injured yet can't miss a day of training.

check out the smashing machine doc on Mark Kerr - also very good.

karde said:
I don't get MTV, can you give a summary? It sounds interesting from the title, but then, MTV does manage to mess stuff up.

I didn't see the whole thing so I'm waiting for a re-run(caught the last 5 minutes of it).

What I did notice was that these guys were American "Muay Thai" fighters who entered a "Muay Boran" competition in Thailand...

Not sure if you guys are familiar with Muay Boran, it is basicaly the roots of Muay Thai. MB figters does not use gloves but rather bind their hands the way they use to many years ago before it evolved into Muay Thai the sport. Take downs are allowed, but not ground contact. I guess you could say Muay Boran is the battle field Father of the Sporty Mauy Thai...

It really was a great show. I would love to learn some form of kickboxing. I now muay thai is a real pain in the ass though.

"I now muay thai is a real pain in the ass though."

Its a hard work out but fun as shiot. Lots of sparring, bag work, and focus mitt stuff. Not a boaring art to train in at all - pretty hard core though.

Best show I've seen on Muay Thai - hell martial arts period. Master Toddy is the man. I almost went to his camp-I regret not going now. It's f'n awesome how we kicked the Thai's asses in their own sport- doesn't happen often. Dudes girlfriend got on my damn nerves.

DANABOLIC55 said:
Best show I've seen on Muay Thai - hell martial arts period. Master Toddy is the man. I almost went to his camp-I regret not going now. It's f'n awesome how we kicked the Thai's asses in their own sport- doesn't happen often. Dudes girlfriend got on my damn nerves.

Word, word, and word. It was a pretty dope show. And yeah, dude's girl was a fuckin spoiled brat.

Got me real interested in Muay Thai though.....I've been trying to decide on a MA to start training in again.

BTW, has anyone ever heard of the two guys that were featured?

She was hot tho...

The bigger brother looked ALOT heavier than that guy he was fighting.
Arent there weight limits?

Can you guys find out when it is On MTV again? I'm on the East Coast (N.Y) and I have satelite TV.

Top Bottom