Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Monday's TRAINING schedule..........

Shoulders and triceps (I do rear delts, and traps with back)

Behind neck bb press 4 x 8-4
Db laterals 6 x 15-8
Db Shoulder press 4 x 6-8

Narrow grip bench 4 x 10-4
Overhead db extensions 4 x 12-8
Pushdowns 6 x 20-12

Today was

-hack squats 3 warmups with one working set with 20 plates X 8
-leg extentions whole stack X 12
-One leg, leg curl drop set 5X5X5
-narrow grip barbell curl (slow and controlled stop at the bottom of nipple) 130 X 8, superset with incline curls #35's X 6, superset with narrow grip barbell curl again 70 X 8
...20 second rest, barbel curl 130 X 3
-hammerstrength low row (slow and controlled, squeeze for a one count at top) dop set starting with 8 plates (stripping one plate per side on each drop 10 seconds or less between) 6X6X6X12
-wide grip late pulldown 160 X15
-one arm cable hammer curls (drop set) 80 X 8, 65 X 9, 50 X 10
-dumbell wrist curls 50X12, 50X10

Ops forgot to do any rear delt work.

Monday is International Bench Day

flat bench 5,5, 10-20
seated press 2 x 5
decline 2 x 5
db curls 2 x 5

What's going on?? Seems like 90% are adapting the 3-5 rep range....have we all turned into powerlifters? And the sets, the sets are like 6-8 total.............am I (and a select few) the only one who still believe in the high volume? You guys must be out of the gym in 30 miniutes FLAT!

POST TUESDAY'S LOG!

Today -

CHEST/Lt. Tris

Incline Barbell - 2 warms, 5x5
Flat Dbell 4 x 10, 6-8
Decline 3 x 10,8,8
Incline Fly x 2, 12
Flat Flys - Big Stretch x2

Triangle cable x 3
Skulls x 3
OH Dbell x 3

THICK ASS SHAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I ended up doing yesterday.....

Full Clean: 135x8/175x3/190x3/210x3/225x3/235x3/245x3

Clean Pull from hang: 265x3/275x3/3/3

Back Squat (ass to floor): 135x8/225x5/315x5/365x5/405x3/410x3/415x3/420x3

Barbell Lunge: 135x15/11

Took me about an hr and a half.

JKurz1 said:
What's going on?? Seems like 90% are adapting the 3-5 rep range....have we all turned into powerlifters? And the sets, the sets are like 6-8 total.............am I (and a select few) the only one who still believe in the high volume? You guys must be out of the gym in 30 miniutes FLAT!

POST TUESDAY'S LOG!

Today -

CHEST/Lt. Tris

Flat Dbell 4 x 10, 6-8
Decline 3 x 10,8,8
Incline Fly x 2, 12

Triangle cable x 3
Skulls x 3
OH Dbell x 3

My rep ranges vary from 3-30 depending on the workotu and lift. WHile I might be down low volume per workout, I train each body part 3+ times a week, so can get up to 20 sets for a body part in a given week.

LOL!

Worked my ass off yesterday and didnt have time to get to the gym. Needless to say i am feening today to get back in there, it's been 3 days! Fortunately i already hit legs once last week and this would have been the second time in a week for legs, so i should be just fine. Back to chest today...my fav.

JKurz1 said:

POST TUESDAY'S LOG!

Today -

CHEST/Lt. Tris

Flat Dbell 4 x 10, 6-8
Decline 3 x 10,8,8
Incline Fly x 2, 12

Triangle cable x 3
Skulls x 3
OH Dbell x 3

whats wrong with powerlifting? lol..I think its a great way to get stronger and then take that new strength and use it in a traditional bodybuilding routine..It changes up the training and keeps you fresh..if you look on the anabolic board bulldog made a post awhile back about his training how he had 3 different phases strength, hypertrophy, and i think a rest phase..but it seems to make a lot of sense..personally i was not getting stronger doing 8-10's..somedays it would feel lighter then it would feel heavy and i wasnt getting the increase in poundages..since lowering my reps in the 3-5 i can feel my strength increasing..when using max weights i take enough rest required between sets so my workouts take about 1 hour and some change!! when doing my asisstance i shorten up the rest period..btw theres a great article in the new MD about branch warren (trains with Johnnie jackson) one thick ass mofo..look at his leg training its basically a powerlifting routine combined with BB..low rep compunds and asisstance work with high reps for pump..work sets kept to 2 or 3 per exercise..not your typical pro doing 40 sets for quads...and his legs are the sickest right now!!

wnt2bBeast said:
whats wrong with powerlifting? lol..I think its a great way to get stronger and then take that new strength and use it in a traditional bodybuilding routine..It changes up the training and keeps you fresh..if you look on the anabolic board bulldog made a post awhile back about his training how he had 3 different phases strength, hypertrophy, and i think a rest phase..but it seems to make a lot of sense..personally i was not getting stronger doing 8-10's..somedays it would feel lighter then it would feel heavy and i wasnt getting the increase in poundages..since lowering my reps in the 3-5 i can feel my strength increasing..when using max weights i take enough rest required between sets so my workouts take about 1 hour and some change!! when doing my asisstance i shorten up the rest period..btw theres a great article in the new MD about branch warren (trains with Johnnie jackson) one thick ass mofo..look at his leg training its basically a powerlifting routine combined with BB..low rep compunds and asisstance work with high reps for pump..work sets kept to 2 or 3 per exercise..not your typical pro doing 40 sets for quads...and his legs are the sickest right now!!

No way bro.....I was def. NOT slamming that way of training........for me, I need more of a "i'm spent" workload which I can only get from high reps/sets..........to each his own bro..maybe I'll switch someday.........

BTW -I'm sure his legs are "sick" from that style of training alone...........no way its the gallons of AAS pumping through his bloodstream...........lol

Top Bottom