Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MM107's Road To Record Breaking. The Journal of a Madman

That's some big bench work... 34 reps or so with heavy ass weight... R.I.C.E. that shit brutha, you'll be ok.

I can't imagine how awkward that must be with a shirt that has a mind of it's own :evil: You'll master it!

ChinkNasty said:
mike, where are setting the pins on your lockout work? ie what is ur final ROM

The pins are on the very bottom one. I dont know the exact ROM in inches, BUT i would say 5-6 inches.

So its not the very very top, its about little past halfway ROM for me.

mm107 said:
HEH i know, but my chest is the body part that lags behind....My tricpes make up for the bench (considering this is where the bench power comes from)

Your right tho, imma have to try to build some chest up lol
^:)
Best wishes with the new training mm! You remind me of my ex ex with these stories... I'm not even going to tell you where he is these days... stay outta trouble!!! :velvett:

Hard ass lol

Hey World! Log Update!

Workout on 10/26/06

Worked out: hamstrings/quads, hips, groin

Went to gym today to do some dynamic work for legs. I have some weak points i need to address. I really worked on my depth today and keeping my arch while way deep in the hole.

Squats: All done on a 6 inch box. Tap and go no box squats. Just wanted to make sure I hit depth Each rep. REMEMBER IM 5'11!
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Squatting off the 6" box was insane. Never realized i didnt get low like that. I basically got as low as i could go, and then was reaching for the box after that. So i definately hit a new part of my ROM. It left my legs shaking all night. Thats why i know i got even more range then i usually get. In fact, when im done with all this competition training Im going to use that box as a guide to all my squats untill i get permanently down there. I mean i wont be able to bang the same weight. But Form and Range is important to me after the comp.

Hamstring Curls (used the hyperbench to set up legs and curl up)
10 reps @ 4 sets

Hip abductor
12 reps @ 4 sets

Hip Adductor
12 reps @ 4 sets

Food Intake: Food intake has been extremely high. Due to my shoulder/chest bothering be the last couple days i have been eating like a pig. Clean, but still so much food and protein shakes. I healed preerty quick tho, i went from not being able to move to working out yesterday fine. So nutrition is key.

Note: This was a dynamic speed/form day for me. Everything was done with good or even great form. Thats why its low weight for me on the squats. This Saturday im training with a couple of good bro's at 4pm So i should have a good ass rest and imma Kill that shit. Oh yea, Tonight some stupid little things too Such as ABS and maybe some more light groin work.

:) NICE job with the squatting!! That's a great idea!! Lil' 6 in box!

Whenever I'm not sure I'm hitting depth, I pause and sit in the hole... :evil: that works cuz who the hell is going to hold the weight parallel?! lol

I can imagine how much hip strength comes into play when PL Squatting.. pfew

sgtslaughter said:
:) NICE job with the squatting!! That's a great idea!! Lil' 6 in box!

Whenever I'm not sure I'm hitting depth, I pause and sit in the hole... :evil: that works cuz who the hell is going to hold the weight parallel?! lol

I can imagine how much hip strength comes into play when PL Squatting.. pfew

Nice idea Sgt! I was trying pauses yesterday, but i still wasnt getting as low as possible untill i actually was TRYING to touch the damn box...

But shit sgt if u can pause in the hole ur a crazy man too

Whats up Everyone? I had a preety decent weekend. Im broke as hell right now so couldnt really go out and do anything special. But its ok because i got to train hardcore on saturday lol. Best thing about training its free, all you gotta do is bring your heart.

Worked out on Friday & Saturday
Videos For Saturday:
Click Here for Video (Squat 690) set 1
Click Here for Video (Squat 690) Set 2
Click Here for Video (Rack Pull 575) Set 1
Click Here for Video (Rack Pull 575) set 2

Friday = Light Chest
Saturday = All out Leg War

Friday's Workout
Worked Out: Chest/Triceps/Delts

Bench w/ Bands
135 x 3
145 x 3
155 x 3
155 x 3

Face Pulls w/ Bands

5 High Pulls
5 Face Pulls
5 Chin Pulls
5 Chest Pulls
All the above is 1 set. I did 4 sets with this scheme. It really fried my back delts.

Tricep Pushdowns w/ Bands
4 sets @ 10 reps each

Lat Pulldowns
3 sets @ 155 lbs

This was Fridays workout. Really fried my rear delts. Could feel it big time when i woke up....

Saturday's Workout
Worked Out: Quads/Hamstrings/Back

This was all out war day. Got thier 4pm. Didnt walk out the door untill 8pm.

Squat w/ Bands on Monolift ( So weight was heavier on top not the bottom)
Begining Sets were warmups
650 X 1 - Got it easy
740 X 0 - Missed I Loaded the bar too crooked on my back but i dumped
690 X 1 - Nailed Got it on Video Click Here for Video (Squat 690) set 1
690 X 1 - Nailed Got it on Video Click Here for Video (Squat 690) Set 2
We set up a box that was parrallel for all of us. I touched the box each rep we did. To ensure i was getting depth. It sure is hard as fuck to get down there and actually have to "reach" for the box lol

Note* The Bands took off about 90-100 lbs on the bottom (depending on height). But when standing in the upright possition there is no band tension at all. So actually lifting it off the mono was very hard.

Strength Coach tells me the purpose of the lift is to feel the heavy weight up to still be able to explode out the bottom. The bands feel to actually not give to much support the more weight that is added.

Goodmornings using the Safety Squat Bar
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 1
315 x 0

This excercise is NEEDED in my arsenal. My back is lacking behind and i need to keep tight so i need my back nice and strong

Rack Pulls (Deadlift)
315 x 3
405 x 1
495 x 1
575 x 1 - Got on Video Click Here for Video (Rack Pull 575) Set 1
665 x 0
575 x 1 - Got on Video Click Here for Video (Rack Pull 575) set 2

After all this we called it a day. Next Saturday is training again, but nice and early 9am. I cant wait.

Dec 2, 2006 is the next Competition. Im hoping to hit my 600lb squat this time.

Last edited:
WOW!

That's sick bro!! Dude, you're wheels are jacked :inflate: lol

Awesome you have such support that to push your all, keep doin' it bro!!! You're going to destroy competitions :evil:

Top Bottom