Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

middle of the night protein

I'll never break my sleep for food or for a protein shake...Plus I think it is not worth it and it is not healthy. Your body and your digesting system needs a break!!! So that they can rest and try to replenish the tired organs, muscles, etc. When you break your so much needed sleep and rest and start eating again, you make your digesting organs work again and turn on the system again before it is supposed start.

A slow digesting protein w/milk and EFA's is the best you could do right before you go to bed.

I was talking to this big mofo at my gym once, and he told me that everytime he wakes up at night he eats a whole tub of cottage cheese: 60pro/24carb/8fat. Casien being the main protein kind, it is a great way for mass; i dont know what it may do for the waist line though, lol.

Ha sanyone tryed the time released protein pills theyr selling?? Your suppose to take them before you go to bed and they work later on when your at rest.

yes "middle of the night" protein intakes are valuable as hell BUT I think they are over-rated! People forget the importance of a good night's rest! You NEED the rest to recuperate more than the 40 mg of protein! Lying down in a bed and entering R.E.M. sleep for 4-6 hours out of the 8 hours you sleep will release GH and test more efficiently! If you break this necessary sleep "quality" cycle.......you operate sub par hormonally, physiologically, pyschologically-------having said this, the benefits of a "quality" R.E.M. sleep is much more valuable even from an anabnolic standpoint!

my 2 cents.......

Also, I agree with MRT's stance on this subject:
I'll never break my sleep for food or for a protein shake...Plus I think it is not worth it and it is not healthy. Your body and your digesting system needs a break!!! So that they can rest and try to replenish the tired organs, muscles, etc. When you break your so much needed sleep and rest and start eating again, you make your digesting organs work again and turn on the system again before it is supposed start.

A slow digesting protein w/milk and EFA's is the best you could do right before you go to bed.

Last edited:
I wake up at 3:30 am everyday "aroused", like clockwork. So I figure I should just grab a shake while I'm up anyway.

drveejay11 said:
People forget the importance of a good night's rest! You NEED the rest to recuperate more than the 40 mg of protein! Laying down in a bed and entering R.E.M. sleep for 4-6 hours out of the 8 hours you sleep will release GH and test more efficiently! If you break this necessary sleep "quality" cycle.......you operate sub par hormonally, physiologically, pyschologically-------having said this, the benefits of a "quality" R.E.M. sleep is much more valuable even from an anabnolic standpoint!

I agree, I used to sleep in split shifts and I never felt regular the next day, usually a little tired. If I interupt my sleep it takes me awhile to go back to sleep, especially if I mill around and start up blenders etc, so I just try and get all my sleep at once, uninterupted.

I've seen a study where even missing one REM cycle a night caused short term memory to worsen, no short term = poor functioning during the day, and no long term memory of what you can't remember for even a few minutes!

drveejay11 said:
Lying down in a bed and entering R.E.M. sleep for 4-6 hours out of the 8 hours you sleep will release GH and test more efficiently! -------having said this, the benefits of a "quality" R.E.M. sleep is much more valuable even from an anabnolic standpoint!

Yes I butchered your statement but only to make the point that if your are ON and pumping yourself full of exogenous test anyway then the realease of natural test is virtually nonexistant so midnight food would be more beneficial, atleast while on. Plus like SustMan said if your only up for 5 minutes anyway might as well take in some protein.

Whey Protein drink with a cup of active culture yogurt.....great digestion, great assimilation and easy to do half asleep.

Top Bottom