Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

maintenance calories

Well this is what I have observed so far. I bumped my calories from 1400 to 2200 and immedaitely I saw "amazing" strength gains. I am doing weights that I have not touched since several years. This might be due to the fact that I have been in a calorie deficit for several years without knowing it since I never counted calories. My recovery rate is amazing also. I feel like I am 10 years younger. Unfortunately I also gained 3 lbs, which might not seem much but my priamry goal is to lose fat so I decided to consume calories as follows (2200 cal on training days) and (2000 cal on non-training) days. Now bear in mind I am still under my maintenance which should be 2600.

So my question now is that "once my weight stabalizes", should I continue to bump the calories upto 2600 or should I maintain the current caloric intake (ie. 2200-2000) or decrease my calories to create a greater deficit?

Thanks in advance,

Most likely just water weight bro keep at it once your body acclimates you will begin to notice whether you are storing fat or not

Well this is what I have observed so far. I bumped my calories from 1400 to 2200 and immedaitely I saw "amazing" strength gains. I am doing weights that I have not touched since several years. This might be due to the fact that I have been in a calorie deficit for several years without knowing it since I never counted calories. My recovery rate is amazing also. I feel like I am 10 years younger. Unfortunately I also gained 3 lbs, which might not seem much but my priamry goal is to lose fat so I decided to consume calories as follows (2200 cal on training days) and (2000 cal on non-training) days. Now bear in mind I am still under my maintenance which should be 2600.

So my question now is that "once my weight stabalizes", should I continue to bump the calories upto 2600 or should I maintain the current caloric intake (ie. 2200-2000) or decrease my calories to create a greater deficit?

Thanks in advance,

This is Why i dont like these other guys advice. When u diet ur metabolic rate drops. And u have been dieting for years! Ofc your metabolic rate dropped. If not you would be 65 lbs by now..... So your metabolic rate prolly dropped to around 1400. So already at 1600 kcal you wil add weight. Until you body understand hey im actulle getting this much food everyday.. And bump your metabolic rate back up to 1600. You wil have to accept to add some weight if you want to get back to normal, because u have to stay over your lowerd rate to get it higher! What does adjust your rate the fastest, the master hormone leptin! What do we know about this, well its easly adjusted with a high carb intake. So for you i would for sure do 1-3 days a week with high carb low fat diet to make your body adjust faster.

Just my opinions tho, but i hope i made some sense.

Top Bottom