Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lump in my muscle - anyone else?

Gladiola

Our family dogs got these weird 'fatty tumors' when they got older.... I thought I found one on myself a few years ago :lmao:

Went to the doc a little worried & was told it's nothing. It's a lump, about the size of half a walnut SMACK in the middle of my abs. So in the middle ridge of the 6-pack about half-way down. When I'm leaner, you can see it a bit. If I got way-leaner, I'd probably have a 6.5 pack!

The lump is hard, feels like the muscle, is rounded & raised, but doesn't hurt & hasn't changed shape or size in 3 years. The doc said it could have been caused by a tear or trauma & when the muscle healed up, it was formed. I did spot it after teaching 2 classes back to back & 2 ab workouts.

Anyone else have anything weird like this, or am I just a freak? :freak:

I say you're most likely just a freak :freak:

totally mis-read this the first time :mix:

P.S. Sorry.....there was absolutely no point to my reply ;)

Last edited:
I have not had anything like that but have known two other women with similar "lumps/bumps". One had what her dr. diagnosed as a hernia, the other one had a small tear in her abs and the lump was scar tissue. Nothing really noticable until they really leaned out.

Thanks ladies.

I don't remember my doc at the time using the term "Scar Tissue" but I do recall her saying I could have torn the muscle & the lump resulted when it healed (Duh, Gladi, that would be 'scar').

My former roomate is into lifting too & he had something very similar on his lat. I explained in detail everything about my lump (it doesn't move around under the skin, doesn't hurt, etc.) & his was the same. I was wondering how common this was.

Could it be a benign cyst of some kind? I have a few of those. I got a couple in my earlobes from bad self piercing. They're invisible, but I can feel em.

Wyst

Top Bottom