Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lower back problem

i had the same injury,L5- S1 herniated disc. did it squating in the gym. had constant numbness is left foot. could not sit down or stand to long. a good doctor in nyc told me i needed surgery...never got it. lower back stretching and a good chiro helped me. most of all it took time to heal. a lot of time. i changed my workout routine and carefully choose excercises with less strain too back. just started doing squats again last month. very little weight see how it goes, this was over 10 years ago injury

Don't do it. Not worth it!!!

Ok - I have had increasing back issues over the years and finally got it diagnosed so let me pass on my experience and what I have learned. I have what is called spondylolysis - google it. About 10% of people have it. Some is injury some just genetics or both. It is degenerative and can make old age miserable.

Your Bro has a pinched nerve from a bulging or displaced disk. Stretching hamstrings really helps as does a few yoga moves. However, it is super important to find out if it is spondylolysis which you will need a cat scan for. So for all that have back issues I encourage you to find this out as you will end up disabled if you keep some lifting that stresses the back.

Working in oilfield country, they now per-screen labor for this as they know if someone has it and they put them in the field, they will end up paying long term dissability.

So ... Cliff notes.
- go get scanned for spondylolysis
- if have, stop lifting or you are accelerating future spinal fusion

Ok - I have had increasing back issues over the years and finally got it diagnosed so let me pass on my experience and what I have learned. I have what is called spondylolysis - google it. About 10% of people have it. Some is injury some just genetics or both. It is degenerative and can make old age miserable.

Your Bro has a pinched nerve from a bulging or displaced disk. Stretching hamstrings really helps as does a few yoga moves. However, it is super important to find out if it is spondylolysis which you will need a cat scan for. So for all that have back issues I encourage you to find this out as you will end up disabled if you keep some lifting that stresses the back.

Working in oilfield country, they now per-screen labor for this as they know if someone has it and they put them in the field, they will end up paying long term dissability.

So ... Cliff notes.
- go get scanned for spondylolysis
- if have, stop lifting or you are accelerating future spinal fusion
Thank you! He said it feels good when he does hamstring stretches so I will tell him to keep doing those he hasnt been lifting except for today he went with me and he will start going with me again in a month hopefully it will be better by then

Thank you! He said it feels good when he does hamstring stretches so I will tell him to keep doing those he hasnt been lifting except for today he went with me and he will start going with me again in a month hopefully it will be better by then

Keeping hamstrings stretched is crucial to lower back health. I actually had mu wife walk on my hamstrings a few minutes ago. The yoga position called the dog can help from the calf all the way to the ham/glutes tie in.

Keeping hamstrings stretched is crucial to lower back health. I actually had mu wife walk on my hamstrings a few minutes ago. The yoga position called the dog can help from the calf all the way to the ham/glutes tie in.

I should probably stretch more for my self than. im not very flexible :O

Hamstring stretch
Downward facing dog
Long walks
Less sitting
More laying down
Advil

NO Lifting

don't forget pigeon pose. really stretches out the hips and opens them up. its a fun one too.

if in doubt go to a yoga class.. not some old people yoga class, go to one that is challenging.. you will learn a lot of poses to use at home.

i ordered an inversion table, will let everyone know how it goes.. this makes sense because when i sleep the top of my head gets crunched to the headboard pushing things down.. so the table should stretch things back out, i expect it to help me bigtime.

i ordered an inversion table, will let everyone know how it goes.. this makes sense because when i sleep the top of my head gets crunched to the headboard pushing things down.. so the table should stretch things back out, i expect it to help me bigtime.

I just had a nice hang after my squat workout. Felt great. So how are you liking that inversion table steve?

Top Bottom