Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lower back problem

He has taken 2 or 3 months off lifting and it still hurts him.. What stretches? I think it could be bad posture he sits like oldman sometimes

there are a lot of things you need to do for long term health with weightlifting. the problem with lifting is we don't get hit with injuries that are direct.. a lot of times they are nagging type injuries that we get over time and they never get a chance to heal because we keep pounding away.

a quality mattress, pillow is important.. stretching everyday and especially warming up before and stretching after workouts. yoga.. an occasional visit to the acupuncturist/massage therapist/chiropractor.. learning to sleep on the back and not the side or stomach..

if he juices he needs to be careful not to over do things as well. you are right that taking 2 or 3 months off from lifting sometimes doesn't help the situation. when i had shin splints from running i took 6 months straight off running which sucked and my shins still hurt.

Looking at inversion tables online, looks like there are many different price points. From $90 to $300. What's the diff? Looks like Walmart even sells them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using EliteFitness

Thanks guys! All your help is much appreciated my brother said thank you as well, he will start stretching every morning and we will look into the inversion tables.

you've mentioned that before man. i want to get one but i cannot find one anywhere, looked at every store in my town. saw an informercial for one but I don't trust those informercials, seems like its always a scam.

can you recommend a store/site to get one? maybe get a used one from craigslist?

i am definately gonna get it

If your talking about that crazy old fucker.... "teeter hangups" That table is supposed to be legit.

I spent $200 on mine 12 years ago. Dicks sporting goods has them.

I wouldnt get a cheap one guys. Weight limit, quality construction and stability is the biggest factor. Seeing them in person is the best judge. Some of them have little frilly uneccessary shit to jack up the price but usually the more expensive the better the table.
You dont want to cheap out on something that is holding you upside down that could possibly drop you on your head and either kill you or cripple you. You have to look at it that way.

But I promise you guys...inversion tables are all they are cracked up to be. ESPECIALLY if you get some lower back shit from time to time.

If you get that little tweak in the low lumbar and when you move certain ways it shoots out along your waist line towards the hip...that shit is a tweaked vertabrae that is pinching a nerve. This is where inversion really shines. Sometimes if its real bad the muscles are so tight from trying to protect the area it takes a few days to get it to loosen up. If I cant get an adjustment i want I will go take a hot shower then try and hang. Once in a while I will have to take a 800mg motrin to relax the muscles enough. I know motrin sucks and isnt healthy but once in a while you gotta do what it takes. If its super bad you might even need a muscle relaxer. But that shit is usually extreme cases. Most guys just need to hang fully suspended a few times and it will start to loosen up. Another thing is getting used to relaxing and breathing real deep and focusing on letting your torso pull away from your legs.

Weight limit isnt really a issue.. hes a tiny guy like 160lbs

If your talking about that crazy old fucker.... "teeter hangups" That table is supposed to be legit.

You're

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

you've mentioned that before man. i want to get one but i cannot find one anywhere, looked at every store in my town. saw an informercial for one but I don't trust those informercials, seems like its always a scam.

can you recommend a store/site to get one? maybe get a used one from craigslist?

i am definately gonna get it

I have inversion boots and a chin up bar. Compared to a table, its cheaper, and takes up way less space. I love hanging! And, I never feel like I'm missing out by not being able to do gradual angles like a table can. Straight up and down feels great.

Here's my set up:
Amazon.com: Teeter Hang Ups EZ Up Inversion and Chin Up System with Rack, Gravity Boots and Healthy Back DVD: Health & Personal Care

Top Bottom