Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just starting out

I am new to this site and just have spent most of my time reading up on all the very valuable information that I have found. But I'm still left with a few questions just to make sure I am on the right track. To let everyone know a little about myself:

I'm 23 yrs old, not new to fitness but new to being deticated. I have always struggled with my weight, but mainly because I've never perfected the diet aspect. I'm 5' and 115.0 lbs. Currently I am trying out the carb cycling so my days vary but I stay around 1200 to 1600 calories depending on carb level. The cycle consists of a no carb, mod carb, and high carb day. A typical mod carb day:

Meal 1:
4 egg whites 1 whole
1/4 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
Protein shake
1/2 tbs flax

Meal 3:
3 oz chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup veggies

Meal 4 (pre-workout)
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cottage cheese

Meal 5:
3oz chicken or turkey
1 cup veggies
1/2 tbs flax

Meal 6:
protein shake
1 tbs natural pb

Currently for supplements I am taking:
Multi vitamin
Amino acids
CLA
energy (1 hr bf workout)

I work-out with my fiance and we have 5 lifting days divided into a day for chest, back, shoulders, legs, and arms. We do 5 exercises per muscle group, 4 sets each and I try to do heavy lifting. I also do cardio 5x per week for 30 min at high intensity intervals.

I guess my questions are general ones. Does it look like I'm on the right track?? Are there any other supplements that would be beneficial to me or any that I am taking that are unnecessary? Also, I have been doing a lot of reading to find a good protein shake. Currently I am using the low carb labrada. 155 cal 30 g pro 6 carbs 1 fat. It's good but too pricey. Does anyone have any recommendations?? Are the night-time proteins worth trying?? Also, is creatine beneficial to women?? I'm happy with the amount of muscle I currently have but I'd love to feel more hard.

I've been at this diet for about 2 weeks and have done very well. Can anyone give me anymore suggestions to aid in my goal of getting lean??

The diet looks good. And if its working for you, run with it for awhile then take a look at revising it around 4-6 weeks.

Are you doing your bodyfat measurements? That will help you determine if you are dropping fat & not muscle and also give you some guidance as to when your body is no longer responding to the diet as well and time to switch it up a bit.

Protein mix -- from what the other girls have said, if you have access to a Sam's Club or Costco, the stuff they sell there is pretty decent. Just check it make sure that it is low carb, low fat.

Lots of the girls here are also using creatine. I've been using SAN V-12 which they call a "cell volumizer", but recently switched over to AF Store's PureCEE. I'm not sure how much difference it makes but I'm watching to see if I see any specific changes.

I have never used the night protein shakes myself so I can't really speak to them.

Let us know how your progress continues!

And welcome to the EF Ladies Board! Post often!

Welcome! Glad to have you!

Things look like they are on the right track for you ..... I agree with Sassy about getting your BF done. It is a great way to judge progress. The scale doesn't mean anything, especially if you are lifting weights.

I know a lot of people like Optimum Nutrition protein powder, I think you buy it online. Jenscat has used it, and I think she still does. She really likes it. You can ask her about it.

As for other supplements, there are tons out there, but I wouldn't get swept up in feeling like you HAVE to have them now. Supplements are only a supplement to a great diet and training program.

The only thing I would recommend getting it Glucorell-R from Anabolic Fitness. It is a great tool to use on higher carb days. It helps "move" the carbs into the muscles, so less is used for fat. Basically, it helps your body effectively use the carbs you ingest. I love it! If you do a search for it, you will find a lot of info on it.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

thanks for all your input, took your advice and had my body fat checked today. results, 21.6%. i'll keep everyone posted with my progress and hopefully have some pretty good before and after pics to share! thanks alot

maria

Top Bottom