Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

June competition preparation..

awesome, you look great! i especially love your back, lats look fantastic. yeah, what is you bodyfat now?

awesome, you look great! i especially love your back, lats look fantastic. yeah, what is you bodyfat now?

Thanks, E!
You know, I never measure, and don't take my bf on regularly, but I'd say is about 7% because when I'm that low is about 7 or 8%. I doubt is 6%. I basically use my eyes. However, I should take it. I'll do it tomorrow or next week.

Are you getting striations in your glutes?

It looks like it in the photos.

:)

Thanks, Momalu!

Tat, I have the beginning of some striations, but I'd never get full striations on my glutes.

I just want to say what an absolute inspiration you are to women; MY GOODNESS!
I was just wondering how you stay so lean even in your off season?

I just want to say what an absolute inspiration you are to women; MY GOODNESS!
I was just wondering how you stay so lean even in your off season?

Thank you!
It does help when what I do for a living is nutrition. Any one can do it. Believe me!

I'm in hiding until the shoot ;-)

I'm on my 6th week of calorie deficit. 6 weeks out from my shoot I will rotate 4 days of various % of macros with higher carb days being on my training days. 6 days out I'll cut carbs for 3 days and reduce water consumption. The last 3 days I'll start a gradual carb up.

My goal was 15%, but I am no where near where I need to be at 15%. For the past 3 weeks my weight has fluctuated up and down 6 lbs on any given day. I can weigh 126 one day and 132 the next. I have never been this frustrated in my life or this physically/emotionally drained. Not only do I think about this 24/7 but it is my career too. I feel like I'm chained to it and I want to scream and break free. It has totally consumed me.
This has been a tremendous learning experience but I will never, ever do it again. It is impacting every area of my life, including relationships.

You are right about my legs. And the photographer can certainly help me with angles but I also have to look in the mirror and know how hard I am busting ass and not seeing equal transformation. It is so hard for others to understand. They look at me and think I am crazy for feeling this way.

Thanks for letting me vent! 7 more weeks!!! I'm keeping a close watch on my rear ;-)

I'm in hiding until the shoot ;-)

I'm on my 6th week of calorie deficit. 6 weeks out from my shoot I will rotate 4 days of various % of macros with higher carb days being on my training days. 6 days out I'll cut carbs for 3 days and reduce water consumption. The last 3 days I'll start a gradual carb up.

My goal was 15%, but I am no where near where I need to be at 15%. For the past 3 weeks my weight has fluctuated up and down 6 lbs on any given day. I can weigh 126 one day and 132 the next. I have never been this frustrated in my life or this physically/emotionally drained. Not only do I think about this 24/7 but it is my career too. I feel like I'm chained to it and I want to scream and break free. It has totally consumed me.
This has been a tremendous learning experience but I will never, ever do it again. It is impacting every area of my life, including relationships.

You are right about my legs. And the photographer can certainly help me with angles but I also have to look in the mirror and know how hard I am busting ass and not seeing equal transformation. It is so hard for others to understand. They look at me and think I am crazy for feeling this way.

Thanks for letting me vent! 7 more weeks!!! I'm keeping a close watch on my rear ;-)

This is not the time to hide. You want to get it right and hiding wont help, LOL!
I'm not sure how you're doing it, but your muscles should be hydrated all the time. I drink 1 gallon starting 2 months before comp and peek week is 1.5 gallon all the way through contest day, which I also have 1.5 gallon.
Carbs I also have plenty, is just a matter of adjusting it downward. I see all kinds of tricks on comp day. Some people have sugar, others have some wine before coming out on stage. In the meantime they're hoping their muscles are full enough and they look good. I eat through that day every 2 hours. Is just a matter of what and when. Water I sip all day. By the time I come out my muscles are pumped up, I have veins coming out and it just looks great. No guessing here! Naturally, every time I do it, it gets better and easier.

Your weight should not fluctuate that much. That's a huge jump! I usually fluctuate one pound for the most part, but 85% of the time the body does what I ask her to do. I go down anywhere from 1 - to .2 of a pound per week.

Some people do have a tough time to get their legs lean. If that's your case, the photographer should help you. I know you want to look good for your clients, but you don't wear short all the time, do you?

You said you will never do this again. You can do it and it doesn't have to be such a torture. I never sweat this out. It just flows easily. Of course, you have to have discipline. It doesn't work if you have a big cheat one day and good for 5 day. I'm not saying you did that, but some people do, and expect miracles.

I'm sure you look fantastic! We're the worst critics and tend to nip and pick at everything. I still look at my pictures and say, "damn, why do I look so shity after all this work! Just today I thought "I shouldn't do the show because my abs aren't that great". I also couldn't eat my 4th meal today, so I ended up having tuna and 1/2 of a slice of pumpernickel bread. BREAD? "I can't do the show now"
Anyway, don't be so hard. I bet you look great!

I'd love to see a picture. No worries, it will not pass my eyes and I wont judge. Just trying to help..

I need more water - that is for sure. I really struggle getting it down as you know. It almost makes me sick to even think about it. I hate to drink anything - almost a repulsion. I'm working on it though. My first 3 1/2 weeks was like clock work. 1.5lbs a week, exactly as planned via deficit. Dropped 4.5% bf and things were looking great. Then my weight starting fluctuating like crazy on a daily basis. I could even wake up in the morning and weigh 132 and then weigh around 4pm and be 126. LOL.

Overall I believe I am not recovering from my training. I train so hard (out of habit and enjoyment). My body just can't keep up on the calories I'm giving it. I'm changing a few things up starting today and we'll see how I come out at the end of the week.

Unfortunately I haven't been cheating with my meals at all. Sure wish I had been - I wouldn't be feeling so bad about the results! I'm in this until the shoot but because I don't compete, I don't see the benefit of keeping myself this miserable just so my ass is rock hard. I mean really. In clothes and even spandex I look rock hard. You would never know I'm struggling. Onebreath thinks I'm nuts and I know I'm a bit dramatic but with the effort I have put into this it is so frustrating to see my upper body go to shreds and my lower simply slimming down just a tad.

I'll let you know how I do. I'm hanging in there for now!!!

This is not the time to hide. You want to get it right and hiding wont help, LOL!
I'm not sure how you're doing it, but your muscles should be hydrated all the time. I drink 1 gallon starting 2 months before comp and peek week is 1.5 gallon all the way through contest day, which I also have 1.5 gallon.
Carbs I also have plenty, is just a matter of adjusting it downward. I see all kinds of tricks on comp day. Some people have sugar, others have some wine before coming out on stage. In the meantime they're hoping their muscles are full enough and they look good. I eat through that day every 2 hours. Is just a matter of what and when. Water I sip all day. By the time I come out my muscles are pumped up, I have veins coming out and it just looks great. No guessing here! Naturally, every time I do it, it gets better and easier.

Your weight should not fluctuate that much. That's a huge jump! I usually fluctuate one pound for the most part, but 85% of the time the body does what I ask her to do. I go down anywhere from 1 - to .2 of a pound per week.

Some people do have a tough time to get their legs lean. If that's your case, the photographer should help you. I know you want to look good for your clients, but you don't wear short all the time, do you?

You said you will never do this again. You can do it and it doesn't have to be such a torture. I never sweat this out. It just flows easily. Of course, you have to have discipline. It doesn't work if you have a big cheat one day and good for 5 day. I'm not saying you did that, but some people do, and expect miracles.

I'm sure you look fantastic! We're the worst critics and tend to nip and pick at everything. I still look at my pictures and say, "damn, why do I look so shity after all this work! Just today I thought "I shouldn't do the show because my abs aren't that great". I also couldn't eat my 4th meal today, so I ended up having tuna and 1/2 of a slice of pumpernickel bread. BREAD? "I can't do the show now"
Anyway, don't be so hard. I bet you look great!

I'd love to see a picture. No worries, it will not pass my eyes and I wont judge. Just trying to help..

You are looking fantastic thandie! I'm curious about the bolded above. How long has it taken you to get that in touch with your body? To simply make it do what you want it to do. I'm assuming the first time you dieted down it wasn't that easy. Or was it?

BTW, don't let IW fool you. She's looking phenominal. I think she's doing great for her first time. I also think i'm the luckiest guy in the universe just because i get to see her every day :)

Top Bottom