Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I want to lose inches but stay the same weight- Is it possible?

angelpaws

Hi everyone.
Im a good deal underweight, but fluffy and not compact. I want to stay the same weight but Im interested in losing inches on my body (mainly lower body but I know you cant spot reduce) and replacing fat with muscle.
The thing is, im not sure how to do it at the same time.
I know cardio burns fat and strength training builds muscle (which then burns fat too) but ive heard that you cant do them at the same time. That makes sense to me since one takes a calorie deficet and the other takes a surplus.
But some of the advice that ive read on bodybuilding sites and fitness sites says that you can indeed build muscle while in a calorie deficit.
And also, many dieters lose inches and have looser clothing but the scale doesnt change or goes up a little.
I want to decrease body fat and size while at the same time maintain my weight at around the same level. How can I do this? I would really love it if someone could set up a program or something for me or tell me how to modify my current program.

I walk 3x's a week for 8.6 miles each time. I go at a pace of around 16 minutes per mile. (so about 2 hours 20 minutes of walking each session).
And then I do random strength exercises throughout the day. Pushups, dumbell curls with 8 pound weights, bench press using the bar, lifting dumbell overhead,.
Anyway I really hate my lower body. My thighs and above the knee is just fat and gross. So I dont focus my weight training on this area for fear that it will get bigger. Sometimes I do leg extensions and the opposite (where you lay on your back and reverse curl).
I am keeping my calories at maintainence level of 1500. I figure the walking helps to lose fat and give a deficit but can I build muscle too? I eat mostly carbs and very little fat but now im thinking about adding in more fat and protein and reducing carbs. Do carbs and sugar make some women more prone to thigh fat?
Please help me and give advice. Id really appreciate it.

its very hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. some say its impossible, but i dont think it is. you just need to find a diet and training routine that works for you. if i were you, being underweight, i would try animal training, if that doesnt work, just try tweaking it a bit to make it acustom to you.

Can u lose fat and gain weight? Yeah, its called Fina/EQ/Test!!;)

CoolColJ said:
muscle weighs more than fat, so it's gonna be hard :)

Yep, that is why I tell anyone who is lifting and trying to lose weight to stay away from the scale, unless they understand this.

You can work out and eat maintainance. You may lose some fat, but more likely you will simply not see any changes.

Remember, eating AND weight training provide the stimulus for change!

Top Bottom