Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some help

scorrao

Hey Girls, I am new to the Forum. I need some help with losing weight. I am 5'2 157lbs not fat muscle. I want to drop at least 20lbs before aug 4th. I graduate from college and i want to look good for graduation. Please someone give me some advice. It will be greatly appricated.

Thanks,
Stephanie :heart:

So you're saying most of your weight consists of muscle not fat?? And you want to drop some muscle or you want to drop fat??

Do you know what your bf% is??

What are you doing for exercise and how do you eat everyday??

jenscats5 said:
So you're saying most of your weight consists of muscle not fat?? And you want to drop some muscle or you want to drop fat??

Do you know what your bf% is??

What are you doing for exercise and how do you eat everyday??

See I am built big with a lot of muscle I have muscle all over and I want to drop the muscle but it just seems so hard. I am not petite but I would like to slim down some muscle. I excerise everday st least and hour of cardio and weight training 3 days a week. I don't have the best diet cause I am never home I work and go to school 5 days a week I am only home to sleepso I either grab a salad of a shake for food. I need some help. Please

1) I would say get your bf tested....see what % of bf you have. For now I wouldn't recommend dropping lbm as the more muscle you have the more calories you burn daily just doing nothing.

2) Don't do too much cardio. Are you doing easy-type cardio or are you getting your heart rate up?

3) I have to ask -- why go by what the scale says?? For example I'm a size 8 & weigh 140 lbs.....Fit Fossil is a size 2 or 4 and is "heavy" per the scale. Don't focus on the # of pounds -- the scale is evil! Go by how your body looks and how your clothes fit. If you look like you're carrying extra fat it's probably the diet....

4) It may be hard but working & going to school isn't an excuse to eat poorly. I've worked 3 jobs at a time and have also gone to school & worked. With some planning, you can eat well and properly. You just need to plan ahead. You also have to be willing to commit to how you want to live/look to be successful at it -- it's a lifestyle change......

And remember....fitness is a journey not a destination.

jenscats5 said:
1) I would say get your bf tested....see what % of bf you have. For now I wouldn't recommend dropping lbm as the more muscle you have the more calories you burn daily just doing nothing.

2) Don't do too much cardio. Are you doing easy-type cardio or are you getting your heart rate up?

3) I have to ask -- why go by what the scale says?? For example I'm a size 8 & weigh 140 lbs.....Fit Fossil is a size 2 or 4 and is "heavy" per the scale. Don't focus on the # of pounds -- the scale is evil! Go by how your body looks and how your clothes fit. If you look like you're carrying extra fat it's probably the diet....

4) It may be hard but working & going to school isn't an excuse to eat poorly. I've worked 3 jobs at a time and have also gone to school & worked. With some planning, you can eat well and properly. You just need to plan ahead. You also have to be willing to commit to how you want to live/look to be successful at it -- it's a lifestyle change......

And remember....fitness is a journey not a destination.

Thanks again. I think The problem is that i fel fat by what the scale says. yes i have extra fat around my thighs but most of it is muscle. I have huge thighs and i want them smaller , my biggest problem is my arms Ive been workingout for 6 years i was over 200 lbs at one point and i cant get rid of my arms I was thinking of getting lipo but i thought there might be a better way. I feel if I drop the extra pounds I will get rid of the arms. By the way I am a size 6-8 my measurements are 36-27-36. Is that to big

scorrao said:
Thanks again. I think The problem is that i fel fat by what the scale says. yes i have extra fat around my thighs but most of it is muscle. I have huge thighs and i want them smaller , my biggest problem is my arms Ive been workingout for 6 years i was over 200 lbs at one point and i cant get rid of my arms I was thinking of getting lipo but i thought there might be a better way. I feel if I drop the extra pounds I will get rid of the arms. By the way I am a size 6-8 my measurements are 36-27-36. Is that to big

Your measurement are about what I am....so no, you're not too big!! It's takes a while but STOP LOOKING AT THE # ON THE SCALE!! LOL You really can't go by that stupid number, it doesn't mean anything. Go by your body fat %.

RE: Lipo.......you can't change your genetics. If your thighs are big & muscular you can't change that. Also, fat removal via lipo can cause loose skin. Thighs are the most responsive to lipo but loose skin and INCREASED cellulite can occur. Also, if you gain any weight after lipo it can look weird cuz some places will look bigger than others. Lipo also won't change the shape of your body....if your body is genetically designed to look a certain way -- ie curvy, straight up & down, etc the lipo won't change your shape, you'll still be bulgy in areas but will just look smaller but still with the same shape. I have experience in this, so I know how lipo works.....

Thansk Jen for all your help. Is there a diet that you could help me weight and the right way to excerise and weight train. I need something. I also saw another post that titles for Stephanie and I was wondering if that was for me. Once I get a pic on here I will show you. Thanks again for all your help

I also heard about cytomel T3 for rapid weight loss I was wondering if you knew anything about that

Listen to Jen, she is giving awesome advice.

Any changes to your body START and END with DIET. Not cardio. Fix your diet, and you'll "fix" your body.

Read through a few of the posts on this board and you'll get some great ideas on what to eat, training, etc.

scorrao said:
Thansk Jen for all your help. Is there a diet that you could help me weight and the right way to excerise and weight train. I need something. I also saw another post that titles for Stephanie and I was wondering if that was for me. Once I get a pic on here I will show you. Thanks again for all your help

I also heard about cytomel T3 for rapid weight loss I was wondering if you knew anything about that

Yes, the post for Stephanie was for you! Thought was FF was saying would be helpful....

I don't know anything about weight loss drugs......

The only thing with posting a "diet" is that what works for one person may not work for another.....each person is different......plus you can't quickly lose weight/fat.....also you should be more concerned with losing fat not weight!!

The best advice I can give is eat more naturally. Avoid processed foods -- stuff in boxes or bags.....Although I still use frozen veggies for convienience.....Cookies, crackers, stuff with hydrogenated oils -- avoid them & make sure you read the ingredients. Stuff you think will be healthy may not be. See some of Daisy Girl's posts as she has posted her diet a few times......

Try this and adjust for you as needed:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup dry oatmeal made with water, you can add a scoop of protein powder, walnuts, cinnamon, splenda, nutmeg
4-5 egg whites + 1 egg yolk (the yolk a few times per week)
Dinner/lunch leftovers
protein pancakes on occasion (see muscle food board for recipes)
High protein/fiber cereal (Like Kashi they make one with 12g fiber & 10g protein per cup)

Lunch: 4 oz chicken/turkey/lean beef/fish/tuna + carb (brown rice, yam) + veggies. Like a stir fry...

Dinner: Same as lunch but skip the carb and have a salad with olive oil & balsamic vinegar

I also include homemade soups & chili at lunch. I also consume skim milk in my diet although some ladies do not due to sugars/cals/carbs/bloat -- see how you react to it. Cottage cheese is also a good snack.....

jenscats5 said:
Yes, the post for Stephanie was for you! Thought was FF was saying would be helpful....

I don't know anything about weight loss drugs......

The only thing with posting a "diet" is that what works for one person may not work for another.....each person is different......plus you can't quickly lose weight/fat.....also you should be more concerned with losing fat not weight!!

The best advice I can give is eat more naturally. Avoid processed foods -- stuff in boxes or bags.....Although I still use frozen veggies for convienience.....Cookies, crackers, stuff with hydrogenated oils -- avoid them & make sure you read the ingredients. Stuff you think will be healthy may not be. See some of Daisy Girl's posts as she has posted her diet a few times......

Try this and adjust for you as needed:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup dry oatmeal made with water, you can add a scoop of protein powder, walnuts, cinnamon, splenda, nutmeg
4-5 egg whites + 1 egg yolk (the yolk a few times per week)
Dinner/lunch leftovers
protein pancakes on occasion (see muscle food board for recipes)
High protein/fiber cereal (Like Kashi they make one with 12g fiber & 10g protein per cup)

Lunch: 4 oz chicken/turkey/lean beef/fish/tuna + carb (brown rice, yam) + veggies. Like a stir fry...

Dinner: Same as lunch but skip the carb and have a salad with olive oil & balsamic vinegar

I also include homemade soups & chili at lunch. I also consume skim milk in my diet although some ladies do not due to sugars/cals/carbs/bloat -- see how you react to it. Cottage cheese is also a good snack.....

Thank you so much, you are so helpful I am going try it. I want to lose as much fat as I can tomorrow when I go to the gym i am going to get my body fat tested and let you know. Thanks again for everything I just joined this site ysterday and already I love it.
One more thing, Everyone was telling me I should train to compete what do u think?

Top Bottom