Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I know I ask a million questions....

B

buksoon

Sorry about that! (If it's any consolation, I'm happy to answer questions, too! Just: limited knowledge.)

Anyway, since discovering these boards, it occurs that I'm not as hardcore as I thought I was. For instance, I NEVER get sore. Even though I work 'til I wanna die (heavy weights, low reps), til I scream out like I'm giving birth, til I fail on the machine and have to "rescued" from under the squat rack that has fallen on me.

I still don't get sore. EVER. And my legs are still puny, as if nothing's going on. So my question:

I've never taken any supplement more "serious" than glutamine (protein shakes don't count). I am terrified of side effects and also would have no idea how to procure some of the things you ladies take.

But I want something to jump start my routine. Nothing motivates like success, ya know?
So, could you recommend something I could take for a couple weeks, maximum, with little to no side effects, but that would give this hardgaining ectomorph an edge? So I feel freshly motivated--after all these months of working out.

Also, where do you get this stuff?

what are your stats buksoon? if you've already posted, just point me there.

ps don;t be afraid about the million questions..better to ask until you get. believe me

food! its the most anabolic substance you can take!

other than that, i'd look to the two other things

1) vary your training... get a good partner or a trainer to really get you working smarter about things... there may be things you're just not doing right (maybe you're not taking long enough breaks between your sets, or maybe too long)
maybe there are things you can add (negatives, low rep to absolute failure training (doing 5 Rep Maxs ) these require a partner to do safely

2) rest....i see your ass posting on here at all times of the day!!! :) you need your sleep so you can recover properly and allow the muscles to grow so you can get bigger and stronger...

if your workouts are improving, increasing in weight on your exercises on a regular basis, there is no reason to be concerned that you aren't getting sore...

now, if you are looking to AS, i'm personally not convinced you're ready... but i could be wrong... how long have you been training... what progress/gains have you made... what's the other stats and diet like?

Work on your training routine...mix it up...maybe get w/ a trainer to work on it w/ you. Your diet is like #1 for you.....Taking stuff will not make you big over nite nor is it a magical solution.....you need to master your routine now and maybe consider using later....you seem young at it and not ready to take a step...its serious and not a game or just for fun.....

Phem: Yeah, I am a lifelong insomniac. It's either come talk to you guys or watch infomercials ... and Miss Cleo doesn't have half your wisdom!

I posted my complete workout on the training boards. (I asked them the same question--thought I'd try you guys!) Gimme a minute to copy and paste....

And the food thing: Oh my God, if I eat anymore I will have to give up paying rent! I always log my eats at fitday.com ... I am already ingesting about 400 more calories than I expend at 40% protein, 30/30 carbs/fat.

News@gettingbig: I respectfully (very!) have to disagree. For me personally anyway, lifting is NOT "serious" and it IS "fun." (The rub is that "fun" and "unbearable pain" are not mutually exclusive!)

Anyway, the day it stops being fun is the day I join the masses on my couch with my fingerprints permanently etched on the TV remote control! I got enough "serious" in my life!

But I agree that I'm not a candidate for AS. Guess that was a frustration post last nite. It happens.

complete routine--5 days rest between muscle group

(Forgive me if I do not know the terminology--and I don't.)

Also, the weights sound embarrassing low, but I am a small-framed female, barely over 100 lbs.

Shoulders:
1. shoulder presses-20 lbs (each shoulder)-4 sets, 8 reps
2. standing rows-20 lbs (each)-4 sets, 8 reps
3. arms extended out (dunno what it's called)-10 lbs-4 sets, 8 reps

Often I will fatigue and lower the weights from 20 to 15 and do 15 reps instead of 8.

Tri's:
1. dips (my body weight; feet on the floor)--4 sets of 15
2. pulling on the cable--40 lbs--4 sets of 8

Chest, bi, and back are all good. I see results.

Quads:
1. Squats (just started) 120 lbs, 4 sets of 6-8 reps
knees at 90 degrees to floor
2. leg press--170-220 lbs, 4 sets of 6-12 reps
3. leg curls--80 lbs, 4 sets of 8-10 reps

Hams
1. reverse leg curl, flat surface--50 lbs, 4 sets of 10 reps
2. reverse leg curl, incline--same as above

Calves okay.

Often I'll do down sets (start heaviest weights, fewest reps--go lighter and more), bur seldom pyramid.

I know I spend far too much time dawdling between sets on leg days. I just always have to catch my breath.

After workouts, my Isopure drink, glutamine tablet, and honey granola bar are waiting for me in the car.

So whatdya think? I can't imagine how much harder I can possibly work to get sore. I know I need more variety, especially for hams. (Though I walk on the steepest possible incline for cardio, which works a little.)

training looks okay... i mean as long as you're challanged doing what you're doing and progressing then don't be knocking the weight you lift... (you said it yourself, you're a tiny thing... so looks pretty good from that stand point)

how long have you been training? have you progressed?

as for those on-line calculators, they are for the 'average person' once you add muscle into the mix, those things get thrown way off.. shite, if i was to put my diet in there, it would tell me i'm eating about 800-1000 cals over my daily recommended... but i'm doing great at upwards of 2500 cals a day, not going to change it right now (although i feel like i just ate the good year blimp right now... no more chocolate cows for me :( (ate another 1/4 of the tub... actually a bit more, down to about 1/3 left... and i had a brownie..) well tomorrow i will be putting that new asthma inhalor to good use thats for sure... my ass will be on the eliptical for an hour... !)

umm... that's all i can think of now... sugar making phem dubm... ehehe

Top Bottom