Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Many Sets per Workout

How Many Sets do You do in a Workout?

• 15-20

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 30-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than this

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
How many sets do you normally do per workout? I usually keep my workouts between 25 and 30 total sets. Just wondering what everybody else usually does.

I vary volume and frequency. Usually between 20-40 sets but i have done short periods doing upwards of 50 sets. I also do 2 a day trainings from time to time

I target my training around 18-20 sets for chest I'll start with a weight that i can do around 50reps, then i'll add weight again to failure, once i hit a 1-2 rep mx i'll start removing weight and always try to do more reps comming down than i did going up. I pretty much train all Body parts this way, i'll keep this up for 2-3 months before i do a complete change up.

Have just recently changed my volume up, felt i was jumping around to much and not getting the most out of my sets and reps per excercise.

Now I focus on about 5-6 excercises total (muscle group depending) and 7 sets per excercise (2 warmup/5 working) so 35-45 sets give or take a couple.

First 2 excercises always going heavier to around 6-8 RM, second 2
A tad more isolated and 10-12 RM, last excercise is always high rep drop/super set or to failure to really get the most fatigue and blood flow possible to the muscle before eating and recovering and GROWING!!

Seems to be working for me as I am gaining and dropping BF% simultaneously! Putting the extra focus into making every rep count has most definately made a difference in my body comp/strength/overload progression.

Swoll

Have just recently changed my volume up, felt i was jumping around to much and not getting the most out of my sets and reps per excercise.

Now I focus on about 5-6 excercises total (muscle group depending) and 7 sets per excercise (2 warmup/5 working) so 35-45 sets give or take a couple.

First 2 excercises always going heavier to around 6-8 RM, second 2
A tad more isolated and 10-12 RM, last excercise is always high rep drop/super set or to failure to really get the most fatigue and blood flow possible to the muscle before eating and recovering and GROWING!!

Seems to be working for me as I am gaining and dropping BF% simultaneously! Putting the extra focus into making every rep count has most definately made a difference in my body comp/strength/overload progression.

Swoll

Sounds pretty close what I do too man. I don't keep track tho I just train insane the whole time haha

Top Bottom