Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How are Squats the best exercise for getting big ?? (if they target legs ..)?

Yes, I've wondered about that too. Is the Manta Ray or Sting Ray a good investment for squats? Does it help any? Feedback please!

ironone1 said:
I know everybody says that squats are the best, but I like heavy leg presses. They hit my quads alot more, and I get the back support so I don't worry about throwing out my back. Squats seem to hit my glutes and knees alot. At least I can walk 2 days after my workout. Squats always mess my knees up. I love loading up leg press( sometimes 1000+lbs. on a good day) for 12-15 slow, deep, reps. The only problem I have sometimes is that my head feels like its gonna explode afterwards. Is there a way around this?

if your knees hurt after swuats you are doing something very wrong... I had that problem for a while then I read an article on the correct movement (dont let your knees go in front of your toes, quads parallel to floor , toes out at 30 degrees on both sides) and my squats shot up in weight, and so did i ;)

YUM

Cracker Jax said:
Yes, I've wondered about that too. Is the Manta Ray or Sting Ray a good investment for squats? Does it help any? Feedback please!

i got the manta ray and next to my powerblocks it is my favorite new toy. it spreads the weight across a wider area and REALLY makes a big difference. i admit i used to hate squats because of the pain of the bar on my back, but now with the manta, i cant even feel it.

if your knees hurt after swuats you are doing something very wrong... I had that problem for a while then I read an article on the correct movement (dont let your knees go in front of your toes, quads parallel to floor , toes out at 30 degrees on both sides) and my squats shot up in weight, and so did i

I had somewhat bad knees when I first started squatting. I started out by only going halfway down. When I got some good strength in my legs, I lowered the weight and started all over again but going deep. There is no pain at all in my knees now.

Joker

Squats and deadlift stimulate the central nervous center and cause the whole body to adapt to the stress which causes the body to grow. This is what I have heard.

Zyglamail said:
Because, in a non AAS environment, the legs/quads are such a large group of muscles they force the body to produce greater amounts of test, GH etc etc when under stress to help the adapt and the rest of the body benefits as well.

Ever seen a guy with a HUGE upper body and puny legs? Nope! Sure there are some with good sized upper bodies but never freaky huge without have big wheels.

i have a friend who has 0 wheels (knees are the biggest part in his whole leg!), but has one of the most amazing upper bodies i have ever seen. he always wears pants because of this, and regardless of how silly he looks, he wont work them out. his is 5'9", 175lbs and has almost no body fat. stats wise, he benches 405 for a few reps, can shrug 5 plates on either side of a standard 45lbs bar for reps, and deadlifts a ton......its freaky, but seems to have worked for him. he swears he is natural, but come on....hehe

Top Bottom