Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How are Squats the best exercise for getting big ?? (if they target legs ..)?

bump .. any other growth experiences after starting squats ??

I guess I'm lucky they've been part of my routine for a while now :)

Think about it for a moment

If you are not a genetic freak that grows muscle by just looking at the weights your body (like most) is not very efficient at growing new muscle based on the demands you place on it by weight training. If you training is based around the two B's, Bicep and benches how much of a stress do you put on your body as a whole to acclimate to the demands of training and grow? Not a lot. When you squat or deadlift you are working about 70-75% of your overall musclelature at one time. You send a huge signal to you metabolism to get better at recovering from the demands placed on it. You are conditioning your metabolism to get better at growing muscle. You end up in a metabolic state more conducive to growing all over. Want big shoulders? Squat. Want a better back? Squat. Deads do the same thing.

Defying Gravity

I know everybody says that squats are the best, but I like heavy leg presses. They hit my quads alot more, and I get the back support so I don't worry about throwing out my back. Squats seem to hit my glutes and knees alot. At least I can walk 2 days after my workout. Squats always mess my knees up. I love loading up leg press( sometimes 1000+lbs. on a good day) for 12-15 slow, deep, reps. The only problem I have sometimes is that my head feels like its gonna explode afterwards. Is there a way around this?

I seen this guy with a huge upper body and very skinny legs. Now that is sick. I felt like tipping him over.
Genarr3

#1 squats are not the best excercise for getting big. deadlifts are.
#2 the reason for this is because it basically works every thing all at once. of course though, u wont get big doing just deadlifts.

A case can be made for deadlifts

Deadlifts do work more muscles than squats and can be used as your core movement for overall body mass. But the key is: You must squat or deadlift or do both to put yourself in the best posistion to make overall gains in size and strenght.

Defying Gravity

I still think that squats is the king of all excercises. If you squat heavy you'll fucking grow regardless wether u do deadlifts or not.

Top Bottom