Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How are Squats the best exercise for getting big ?? (if they target legs ..)?

testosterone

On those huge power movements, your body is stressed to one of its most intense limits, and when you do this (whether it be on squats for a leg workout or benching for chest) your testosterone production increases... and because squats involve so many muscles, your test production soars naturally, and thus, your better apt for growth!

dg

pump it said:
of course though, u wont get big doing just deadlifts.

You'd be amazed what plain deads can do. You won't look like a bodybuilder (typically overproportioned arms, chest, quads) but you will outperform one any day. In fact - do this for a few years and then throw in some chest and curls and you'll develop them easily with a strong base.

I'll Second that!

Zyglamail said:
Because, in a non AAS environment, the legs/quads are such a large group of muscles they force the body to produce greater amounts of test, GH etc etc when under stress to help the adapt and the rest of the body benefits as well.

Ever seen a guy with a HUGE upper body and puny legs? Nope! Sure there are some with good sized upper bodies but never freaky huge without have big wheels.

It has been known in the groups I've been in as a BB Trainer.......
Upper body follows the Legs in development........not the other way around.......that's why you don't see a LOT of people with puny legs & huge upper bodies. Some even say that if you choose to donate all your time to upper body......that when the day comes when you decide you are way out of porportion......your legs have a harder time growing. Second.....since deep squats stress the body so much & release hormones/receptor activity in greater response regardless of being on Gear or not.......the upper body benefits from it.

So to sum it up........if you are on AAS.......make the best of your leg work outs........your upper body will only gain from it. If you don't go all out in legs........you really wasted your Gear from it's potential.

Squats and Deads are the foundation of my routine. I do them both every week and the results have been awesome. When I first started lifting again a few years ago I could only squat 135 lbs. for ten to twelve reps. Now I'm deep squating 255-275 for six to eight reps. Obviously my strength has gone up but so has my size. I've gained about twenty five pounds naturally and I attribute these gains to basic compound movements like the squat, dead, pull ups, bench, et al. Recently I upped my poundages on deads and lowered my reps. WOW! The muscles in upper body have REALLY thickened. Intensity is the key!!

A lot of people, both inside and outside the gym, have commented on how much better and more muscular I look lately.

It's amazing how many perfectly able bodied people I've talked to in the gym who will give you any and every excuse not to do squats and deads. And you don't even have to talk to them to spot them. They're either not in the squat cage or they've been working out for years and years and years and it doesn't show.

The majority of people in my gym do not squat or do deads. They opt for leg press or even the less effective leg extensions. If you're REALLY SERIOUS and want to dramatically change the shape and strength of your body incorporate and master these movements. It takes time, focus and blood and guts but it's well worth the results.

AND I LOVE THE CHALLENGE OF THESE TWO KINGS OF ALL EXCERSISES.

Nothing annoys me more than going to one of the only two squat racks we have at my gym and seeing some jack-off doing arm curls in one and the other is being used by a moron doing crunches. Yup, they have pencil legs. TRUE!

And there's nothing sexier than seeing a woman squat in the cage! Oh yeah! They almost always have a fabulous ass and great legs!

You know what my pet peeve is is the pussys who say "I don't like sqauts cuz they take so much out of me" .. or "they hurt my traps." And of course I always here "I don't wanna blow out my lower back". I have found as long as you keep good form and work out your lower back, then deep squatting is no problem. Even alot of people that do squats (and thats few) either

A) don't use the weight they COULD or

B) Do a 1/4 squat !

mb

Last edited:
i made this post a while back. hope this is helpful...hehehe

i was reading a Q&A, section at another board. here is a little comment on the Squat. Tell me what you think..hehe

QUESTION: I understand that all weight bearing exercise stimulates a Growth Hormone release (and Growth Hormone makes your body want to store lean muscle tissue instead of fat) so what's the big deal about the squat? Why not the leg press, hack squat, or Smith machine?

ANSWER: You've hit on the key issue here. When you suspend a weight over the entire body, that it's unaccustomed to, it brings more of the bodies 600 plus muscles into play. They fire on and off like crazy, acting as stabilizers through the assent and descent to keep you from toppling over. This makes a wave of stress hormones wash through the system and that's what stimulates the tremendous Growth Hormone release. No other exercise involves so many muscles, or stimulates anywhere near as much GH release as the free squat. That's why it truly is "The King of Exercises".

2ez2brich

also, check out this site and click on the manta ray and the sting ray. does anyone here use either of these devices. i am a fan of PL, but i can squat more when i use the manta ray. let me know what you think..hehehe

click or type this in: http://www.adfit.com/

Top Bottom