Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIIT that does not impede strength

you don't have to do running hiit only. crosstraining is important to give the joint impacts a rest and work supportive muscles that get less work during a run. I do several different exercises for hiit but the one that is most brutal is cycling intervals at 100% 30 secs on and 30 off. of allthe hiit that one makes me burn like a SOB. now if it its got to be running based then do uphill sprints. it will build more strength than running flats.

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt.

Raw, what was your weekly routine like? I assume you did your HIIT training on the days you didn't lift. If you squat one day, then sprint the next did you feel you were overtraining?

that reminds me, one other thing. you want to do your hiit at the end of weights (not incl. legs ofc) so you burn ur glycogen up and essentially take full advantage of fat burning.

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt.

Ya 4 days a week after lifting if It ever fell near leg day iwould hit an ab circuit getting heart rate to 180s then a min of leg stretching then.back into circuit usually did it after leg workout

Sent from my ADR6400L using EliteFitness

^^^ yup I love hill running. set a goal and stick to it say 12 times up and down the hill. your heart will be popping out of your body when you are done

there is no easy answer to your question though, if you want strength you gotta hit the weights and limit cardio. if you want endurance you gotta hit the track hard. if you want to be able to do 1.5 miles in 11 minutes then I recommend 6 X 400's... run 400, then slow down to a light jog for 400, then run 400.. slow down. back and forth intervals. but you will lose some strength doing this. also throw in LSD long slow distance once a week to build endurance, 50 minutes worth at a 8:30 pace sounds about right for your goals. and please buy quality shoes and don't injure yourself by overtraining

Top Bottom