Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIIT that does not impede strength

miked8c

I need to get back into running shape, not that I am out of shape right now, however I need to be able to at least maintain the condition I am in now.

I weight train 6 days a week, I squat twice a week, and deadlift once.

I need a running (no bb complexes)HIIT program that will allow me to keep gaining on my lower body strength exercises, and if possible help my lower body strength, although that is a stretch.

Does anyone know a HIIT program I can do that will least impede my progress on squats?

What I did last week was 8 sets of 100m sprints with 30s in between sets not including the time to walk back to starting line. I slow jogged 800 meters before/after for warmup/cooldown.

Hiit sprinting got me more shreaded then ever .. I put on muscle and dropped serious fat. I do 18 min 4 times a week on treadmill after my workout. I warm up 2 min @ 3.5 mph then 8 to 10 mph for 1 min then 2.5 mph then back to 8 to 10 repeat 7 to 8 times (15 min) then cool down for a couple.. it works my legs were insane

What kind of running shape? 2 years ago I was heavy, fairly low on BF, and my bench/dead/squat were pretty powerful. Then I needed to be able to run 5 miles in less than 40 minutes. My lifts all lowered slightly, not too much, but what i mainly lost was size. Then i lost the motivation all together, did the endurance thing only, lost a lot of strength and size, but my mile times were legit. Sad but true, but runners don't look like body builders when it comes to endurance running. but if you're just sprinting? now that's completely different, i think things like dead/squats help 100 meter dashes etc. I knew some guys who were into track, juiced, and man, they were ripped up, powerful on the core lifts, fast as hell - but i could leave them in the dust when it came to 5 mile runs n stuff.

Now I'm back into the body building thing, I'd rather look good and be strong, endurance got boring as hell and plus i don't need to do it anymore :D.

My quads grew bigger from Hiit than my leg routine. Routine and cardiovascular was nuts never tired and this was when I was natural

Hiit sprinting got me more shreaded then ever .. I put on muscle and dropped serious fat. I do 18 min 4 times a week on treadmill after my workout. I warm up 2 min @ 3.5 mph then 8 to 10 mph for 1 min then 2.5 mph then back to 8 to 10 repeat 7 to 8 times (15 min) then cool down for a couple.. it works my legs were insane

^^ This is a great HIIT routine on the treadmill. Its great for shedding fat, and increasing metabolism and endurance as well as working the legs ;)

I need to be able to run 1.5 miles in 11 min. I can do that now, but barely. I want a routine that will keep my cardio up so that I can continue making that time, while at the same time not interfering with my core lifts.

And as for muscle loss hiit promotes muscle gains also if your getting weaker and smaller that means your calories were not high enough. I have a buddy whom is a runner kids jacked as hell all natural ,squats 315 for over 20

I'm talking running though, like on a track. I can't be doing treadmills or ellipticals.

The purpose is not only to get me shredded and in good shape, but to get me in good running shape. We all know that running on a treadmill is much easier than running on a track, just like a lat pull down is way easier than a pull up.

Today I did 8x100m with 45s between sets. Do you think that would be effective? Should I cut it down to 50m and the rest in half also? There is a hill nearby, should I do some hill runs?

I'm open to all suggestions provided it has my feet hitting solid ground. BTW thanks Rawb

Np .. I always hit the track nowhere else.. I hit trails hard as I can with hills climbs full body then ate the calories for it afterward best shape when I did that .I could easily run that time. It pushes your cardiovascular levels past normal increases its capacity

Top Bottom