Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Blood pressure after cycle.When to worry?

150/100 is a big deal if left for a significant period of time. Like a year or so. Left untreated, a bp like that WILL kill you in time. IMHO, Vitamin C -- although a great vitamin to take -- doesn't do squat for high BP. There's some real good advice on here though. Most likely, your bp episodes that occur with roids are due to water retention. The negative effects incurred from high bp are definitely exacurbated by stimulants. There are prescription water pills that are quite effective that you could take only for a few weeks when needed and could easilly be obtained by any doc. HTH.

There are also water pills you can buy right off the shelf......i also take one aspirin per day as this helps thin the blood.:D

140/90

is the limit considered healthy. No one should ever have more then 140/90, not even old people.
All this for prolonged time off course. Someone coming off a cycle with 150/100 for a few weeks has nothing to worry about.
Diuretic product can lower you easely to the 140/90.

Here is some good advice:

if not already, buy yourself a BP meter and take it every day yourself. Buy a electronic one that fits around the wrist.
Having big arms is not ideal for BP measurement around the arms like doc's do.

I thought this would be an interesting matter to discuss.
Researching the web, I found cardiologists treat high B.P. when systolic is over 140 and/or dyastolic is over 90, and this is not an eventual measure, but represents the average for the pacient taken in different measures within a few ( usually 5 ) days.
Doctors consider H.B.P equivalent to High blood sugar an Dyslipidemias ( high cholesterol and/or tryglicerides )as they are mostly assymptomatic but will cause progressive damage, an dthe current idea is to be very strict about having normal levels of B.P., glucose and lipids,since diseases caused by alterations in one or more of those three are responsible for HALF os deaths in U.S.A and Europe.
Having high B.P during or after a cycle and for a short period of time doesn't seem to be a problem, though ( there is no M.D oppinion about that, that is MHO).
I now have a pretty good idea about how to control it : I have a monitor, I increased my water and potassium intake( K acts as vasodilator and helps sodium excretion ),I am using Uva Ursi and Dandelia, I am avoiding any kind of stimulants,I am trying to cool down about it, BUT:
I am still doubtful about what to do in my next cycle.Is it possible to cycle whit Deca- Test ( i really like this classic ) AND maitain a normal B.P.?What about Clomid?I figure I may not experience all the gains, but I would prefer to have consistent, long-term gains than to risk my health and have problems in the future.

Any income will be very much appreciated.

Mr

A few (more) things to consider...

Some of you bro's are saying that having high bp for a short period of time -- like during a cycle -- is not a problem. This is true only if you weren't pumping iron. If you're pumpinp iron and doing certain exercises strenuously, like squats, dead-lifts (and I gotta believe you all are), then even high bp for this short period of time could be extremely dangerous.

Herbs and OTC diuretic stuff pale by comparison to prescription med's.

hth

"William G. Haynes, MD, assistant professor of internal medicine at the University of Iowa, says in an interview with WebMD that while BP was reduced, other major concerns in hypertension care, such as impact on the risk of death or stroke, were not measured. He also is concerned about how little is known about the long-term consequences of taking vitamin C at levels several times the adult recommended daily requirement."

"They are giving doses that are much higher than the recommended daily requirement of vitamin C and more than eight times that seen in a standard multivitamin," says Haynes, who was asked to give an independent view of the study. "We just don't know yet what the side effects might be at that level"

This shows how ignorant MD's tend to be. To state that we have no evidence for long term use of high dose vitamin C (and 500mg is nowhere near 'high dose'), shows total ignorance. Mr. Haynes should have his liscence revoked for being so stupid.

Top Bottom