Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi everyone!

If I have to pick one over the other, I would say that I would want to get my BF down, then work on building muscle.

On the calories - How do I make myself eat that many without going too high in fats..ect? I'm starting off in macros at 40/40/20, is that a good starting place for me? I really think the reason that I've gained weight is because my body is in starvation mode and is storing the fat. I have to figure out a way to eat more!

Ash1978 said:
If I have to pick one over the other, I would say that I would want to get my BF down, then work on building muscle.

On the calories - How do I make myself eat that many without going too high in fats..ect? I'm starting off in macros at 40/40/20, is that a good starting place for me? I really think the reason that I've gained weight is because my body is in starvation mode and is storing the fat. I have to figure out a way to eat more!

Do you eat every 2-3 hours? Ive noticed since Ive been cutting the carbs out, Im eating more fats (( good)) nuts, nat.pb etc. flaxseed, hemp seed ( i swear by this stuff,its fantastic).

Do you use fitday.com to keep track? I read that you can do a really low cal. diet ( 1200 cal.) for only up to 4weeks.Just for that extra kick to help lose the last 5-10lbs. if your around 130-135lbs.

localgirl said:
Do you eat every 2-3 hours? Ive noticed since Ive been cutting the carbs out, Im eating more fats (( good)) nuts, nat.pb etc. flaxseed, hemp seed ( i swear by this stuff,its fantastic).

Do you use fitday.com to keep track? I read that you can do a really low cal. diet ( 1200 cal.) for only up to 4weeks.Just for that extra kick to help lose the last 5-10lbs. if your around 130-135lbs.

+1 healthy fats are the easiet way to get more cals at 9 per gram.

You should have a balance diet of protein, carbs abs fats.
Because you're only 5'1 and 131lbs, I'd be careful not to eat too much fat.
Right now, you're not eating enough food.
Try having 5 meals per day. It doesn't mean to stuff yourself 5x; it means to have 5 small meals even spaced.
Scrambled eggs & oatmeal
Salad with grilled chicken
chicken or turkey or beef with brown rice or sweet potato
Fish with vegetables.
Protein drink if you're on the run
You can make pancakes with egg whites and oats.
sweet potato muffins.

If you can count your calories it might help, since at this stage you can't eyeballed the portions.
Try buying a scale (I know its tedious)That way you know what you're eating and you wont be guessing.
I remember when I started I had no idea what I was doing. People were telling me to have 5-6 meals a day, but I was over eating and finally got a nutritionist. I'm giving you what I've learned from him. I never guess what I'm eating. I know exactly what goes into my body and I get the results I'm looking for.

localgirl said:

I eat about every 3-4 hours or so. I've been tapering off my carbs later in the day, and I'm hoping that helps some. I'm keeping my macros at 40/40/20 right now, I'm going to give it another week & if nothing changes then I will see what I need to do & change it up.

I use thedailyplate.com to keep track. I'm eating about 1200 calories now, and it's not working so far. I don't know why it's so hard for me to lose weight.

GUARDIAN said:
+1 healthy fats are the easiet way to get more cals at 9 per gram.
I'm keeping my fats at about 20%, should it be higher? Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just trying to get this all figured out.

thandie said:
You should have a balance diet of protein, carbs abs fats.
Because you're only 5'1 and 131lbs, I'd be careful not to eat too much fat.
Right now, you're not eating enough food.
Try having 5 meals per day. It doesn't mean to stuff yourself 5x; it means to have 5 small meals even spaced.
Scrambled eggs & oatmeal
Salad with grilled chicken
chicken or turkey or beef with brown rice or sweet potato
Fish with vegetables.
Protein drink if you're on the run
You can make pancakes with egg whites and oats.
sweet potato muffins.

If you can count your calories it might help, since at this stage you can't eyeballed the portions.
Try buying a scale (I know its tedious)That way you know what you're eating and you wont be guessing.
I remember when I started I had no idea what I was doing. People were telling me to have 5-6 meals a day, but I was over eating and finally got a nutritionist. I'm giving you what I've learned from him. I never guess what I'm eating. I know exactly what goes into my body and I get the results I'm looking for.

This was my menu today. I cook most of my food on Sun and since it's Friday I'm short on healthy food, so I had to do with what I had. So tell me what you think.

M1: EAS protein shake (low carb)
M2: Banana & 5 egg whites (out of oats)
M3: Taco salad. Which has lettuce, black beans, ground turkey & FF catalina dressing.
M4: 4oz Grilled chicken breast & grilled squash & 1/2 cup of brown rice
M5: Tuna fish w/ 1 tsp of FF mayo, 1-whole egg & pickles
M6: 6 almonds

I started using thedailyplate.com to track my food, and it's helping me a lot. It's a pain, but I need to be able to take a good look at my food & see where I'm going wrong. I bought a scale a about 2 weeks ago & weigh all my food now because I was thinking that maybe my portions were too big.

I saw that they have a boot camp thing at the gym. And I'm thinking about doing it. It says they can help lower BF & the trainer will provide a nutrition book with the food I need to eat. Maybe that's what I need. I was hoping I could do this myself, but obviously I need help.

Your diet is nice and healthy girl. on the mayo check out smart balance brand. They have a omega fats mayo which is good for you and its taste soooo good.

I might have to check out the Smart Balance brand myself too. I love the regular Kraft Mayo and I used to make my own Mayo but it wouldn't keep nearly as long.

Donnie Darko said:
I might have to check out the Smart Balance brand myself too. I love the regular Kraft Mayo and I used to make my own Mayo but it wouldn't keep nearly as long.
Great idea. I am going to add home made mayo to my book. I will also add the ways to keep it longer. :)

Top Bottom