Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi everyone!

Keep in mind that eating too little often is as bad as eating too much when you are trying to shed fat. Your body hits a starvation survival mode and sort of hordes all the fat it can. (The body is an amazing machine at self survival)

Also, Tats had great advice on the enzyme tip. I do that quite often when I am trying to grow because it really does help your system out overall and efficiency is the key in body transformation efforts.

Tatyana said:
Hi and welcome

1. Step away from the scales. It's hard but when you are on the leaner side, weight doesn't mean much. It is useful if you are 50-100 lbs overweight, but if not, nope.

My weight can flutuate as much as 7 lbs in a 24 hour period due to hydration, glycogen stores......

BBers and MMA fighers lose 10-20 lbs in dehydration to compete or make a weight class.

That's water not fat.

2. If you have been on diet pills (what exactly are diet pills BTW, like what was in them), your metabolism is going to be all confused and messed up.

If you have been taking them for years, and not eating much for years, then don't expect insta-miracles in weeks.

The body's hormonal homeostatic mechanism works over months.

3. If you want to look great and be healthy for life, it is all about lifestyle changes and enjoying the whole process/the ride while doing the changes.

4. Really, there is no magical combination of carbs and/or fats. Carbs may not be making you bloated, I would experiment with different sources. Root vegetables like sweet potatoes, baby new potatoes, parsnips, turnips, swede/rudabaga, squashes may suit you more. Whey protein is also a BIG culprit in bloat for a lot of people.

You may be more suited to one particular diet than another, I do think there are biochemical variables that have people function better on higher or lower carbs or fats, but don't automatically think 'carbs are bad'. That is just the current trend in the whole diet/fitness industry. Not all carbs are equal.

You may want to start taking a digestive enzyme supplement. Again, if you haven't been eating much, and just started eating clean, your digestion is not going to be as efficient.

took the words right out of my mouth.

No Cook Protein Bars (makes 9):Chef:

1 1/2 cup dry oatmeal

2 scoops chocolate whey protein

2 tbsp flaxseeds or hemp seeds

1 cup nonfat dry milk (powdered)

1/4 cup natural peanut butter

1/2 cup water (approx.)

1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

1. Spray an 8×8 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set the pan aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, whey powder, flaxseeds and nonfat dry milk, mix together.

3. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, water and vanilla. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to form a sticky dough. Stir or knead in the raisins.

4. Using wet hands or a rubber spatula sprayed evenly with cooking spray, spread the mixture evenly into the prepared 8 inch pan. Freeze for 1 hour (or refrigerate for several hours) until mixture is firm enough to cut. Cut into 9 squares.

Nutritional Information Per Serving

Calories 260,

Total Fats: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 125 mg,

Total Carbohydrates: 34g, Sugar: 12g, Dietary Fiber: 4g,

Protein: 15g

:heart: I used different protien powder, strawberry is really good as a sub for the choc. & instead of rasins I used unsweetened cranberries! YUMMY!

localgirl said:
Hey~
Sorry, I didnt see that you already posted your diet! Sorry, sometimes I dont read so good..lol

I heard muscle milk is very high in sugar...????? :heart:

Yeah, I drink the Muscle Milk Light. That stuff is sooo good too.

Tatyana said:
Hi and welcome

1. Step away from the scales. It's hard but when you are on the leaner side, weight doesn't mean much. It is useful if you are 50-100 lbs overweight, but if not, nope.

My weight can flutuate as much as 7 lbs in a 24 hour period due to hydration, glycogen stores......

BBers and MMA fighers lose 10-20 lbs in dehydration to compete or make a weight class.

That's water not fat.

2. If you have been on diet pills (what exactly are diet pills BTW, like what was in them), your metabolism is going to be all confused and messed up.

If you have been taking them for years, and not eating much for years, then don't expect insta-miracles in weeks.

The body's hormonal homeostatic mechanism works over months.

3. If you want to look great and be healthy for life, it is all about lifestyle changes and enjoying the whole process/the ride while doing the changes.

4. Really, there is no magical combination of carbs and/or fats. Carbs may not be making you bloated, I would experiment with different sources. Root vegetables like sweet potatoes, baby new potatoes, parsnips, turnips, swede/rudabaga, squashes may suit you more. Whey protein is also a BIG culprit in bloat for a lot of people.

You may be more suited to one particular diet than another, I do think there are biochemical variables that have people function better on higher or lower carbs or fats, but don't automatically think 'carbs are bad'. That is just the current trend in the whole diet/fitness industry. Not all carbs are equal.

You may want to start taking a digestive enzyme supplement. Again, if you haven't been eating much, and just started eating clean, your digestion is not going to be as efficient.

I know I should stay away from that dang scale, but since I'm eating a lot more than I use to, I'm so scared to gain the weight back. I've gained weight since eating clean and that's hard for me to accept. I worked so hard to lose 80 pounds and the scale has a mental hold on me and won't let me go.

I took phetermine for the last 6-8 months to help maintain my weight loss. I have no idea what's in them, but I'm sure it's not good.

I ready for this lifestyle change, I really am! I enjoy eating and mentally I feel better & have more energy. It's just that after doing this for almost 8 weeks & only seeing your weight go up & no changes what so ever in your body gets really frustrating. I even started getting up at 5:00am to make sure that I get my workouts done 5 times a week. I just feel like I'm not doing something right to not see any results yet.

I will keep an eye on that Whey protein & see if that's what making me feel so bloated & gassy. I never thought of that being the reason. I don't feel lean at all, I feel more squishy & bloated in the last couple of weeks and can't figure out why.

I hear ya on the carbs. I went on a low carb diet and that's how I lost 80 pounds. So now that I'm tracking what I eat & when I see I've eat around 100 carbs or so, I gringe. There all good carbs and I try to remind myself that.

digestive enzyme supplement - I don't know what this is or what it does. I will look into it though!

Thank you for you reply! And I don't mean to sound like a baby, it's just really frustrating to see the scale go up & no results when I've been busting my arse.

Good morning back at ya squatmonkey!

AAP - When I first started eating clean I was told not to count calories, just to eat every 3-4 hours. But, since I was gaining weight and read it was because I probably wasn't getting enough calories in & that my body was in starvation mode. I started tracking them and even though I feel like I eat all day long, I still only get anywhere from 1000-1400 calories a day, which still isn't enough. I don't know how I can eat anymore food without making myself sick!

Tat - Thanks for the links, I will check them out!

bw1 - I have a love/hate thing with the scale and have been trying to stay off of it, but it's not working. I'm thinking about giving it to a friend for awhile so I can't weigh myself.

Localgirl - Thanks for posting that! Those sound yummy and I will definitely give those a try!

No sweat Ash.
They are delicious. I make them for myself & the man for the week. :heart:

If your worried about your whey protien, do you think maybe your lactose intol.?
I was feeling the same way , so I switched protiens up, the one I have now is like 99% lactose free, its amazing. I LOVE it. No more bloat.

What is it you took to lose 80lbs?
Is it an over the counter pill?
Oh & congrads on the weight loss, thats huge! You should be SOO proud of yourself :)

Top Bottom