Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi everyone!

Welcome Ashley :)

These ladies & gents are super knowledgable!! You'll get all the help you need, fo sho.

I got the eat clean cookbook ( recommended in Oxygen mag) & theyre are amazing recipes in there too, plus one of the mod's has a cookbook, i havent purchased it yet, but it sounds promising.
Just keep doing what your doing sistah, it takes time. Consistancy & dedication pay off in the end.
<3 LG

localgirl said:
Welcome Ashley :)

These ladies & gents are super knowledgable!! You'll get all the help you need, fo sho.

I got the eat clean cookbook ( recommended in Oxygen mag) & theyre are amazing recipes in there too, plus one of the mod's has a cookbook, i havent purchased it yet, but it sounds promising.
Just keep doing what your doing sistah, it takes time. Consistancy & dedication pay off in the end.
<3 LG

I just got the eat clean diet cookbook & have only made a couple of things. But there's some great looking dishes in there. I tried to make the protein bars, but they didn't come out right for some reason, they ended up tasting like arse (I've never tasted ass, I'm just sayin)..lol

And I hear on it taking time. I know I'm doing the right thing but eating healthy but I'm to the point where I'm just so frustrated. I've gained 6 pounds while eating clean, and on my 5'1" frame it shows everywhere. I hate putting in 100% and not getting anything back...KWIM?

Ash1978 said:
I just got the eat clean diet cookbook & have only made a couple of things. But there's some great looking dishes in there. I tried to make the protein bars, but they didn't come out right for some reason, they ended up tasting like arse (I've never tasted ass, I'm just sayin)..lol

And I hear on it taking time. I know I'm doing the right thing but eating healthy but I'm to the point where I'm just so frustrated. I've gained 6 pounds while eating clean, and on my 5'1" frame it shows everywhere. I hate putting in 100% and not getting anything back...KWIM?

Haha, arse hey? I can only imagine. I got a really good protien bar recipe from an issue of Oxygen, its delicious, I'll post it for you tomorrow, if you like.

I absolutely love Tosca's ( sp?) books. But from my own experience, my body dont handle carbs well, I tryed everything imaginable & was gaining weight too, so I cut down big time on ALL starchy carbs ( oatmeal, bread, rice) and Im already noticing a big difference.
After a good hard workout I may have a piece of sprouted toast w/ hummas w/ my egg whites, but only then, not any other time. Seems to be working for me.
Also, youve gotta remember, the scale lies! You could be putting on weight from working out, muscle, hun :)

Are you getting a sufficiant ammount of sleep? At least 7 hours, I imagine it could be hard w/ kids...

Keep truckin' sistah! Diet is key..took forever for that to get thru my head, haha..but its true.

Reactions: AAP
I would love for you to post it if you have a chance, thanks!

I was thinking about trying to cut back my carbs a bit to see if that helps. I feel so bloated all the time & I'm pretty sure it's because of the carbs. Do you know how many grams of carbs I should be having?

I get about 7 hours of sleep a night since I've started getting up at 5:00am to workout. Sometimes 6, but mostly 7. I need more sleep though, I've been dragging in the evenings.

Thanks so much for you reply, I'm hanging in there and trying to stay postive. This weight and BF has to budge sooner or later.

Molly, I noticed in your siggy that you're getting TT done? I had one done about 8 months ago, and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself! Good luck to ya!

I will definately remember to bring that recipe into work tomorrow so I can post it 4 ya girl! :)

You know, your carb question should be left for someone a little more knowledgble to answer, Im fairly new to tweaking my diet & Ive tryed numerous things & I agree, I find carbs def. bloat me & make me drag ass.

I believe 7 hours is the recommended time for us 20+'s to get. Are you taking any supp's?
Maybe post your diet & one of the mod's can critique it for you.

I'm sure if your eating clean & within the right range of macro's & bustin' your behind @ the gym you will see results.

Hey~
Sorry, I didnt see that you already posted your diet! Sorry, sometimes I dont read so good..lol

I heard muscle milk is very high in sugar...????? :heart:

localgirl said:
Hey~
Sorry, I didnt see that you already posted your diet! Sorry, sometimes I dont read so good..lol

I heard muscle milk is very high in sugar...????? :heart:
I use the "muscle milk light". 7 grams carbs and only 3 grams sugar.

Ash welcome to ef girl. I am the mod with the cook book. Feel free to ask me for a recipe in a pm. I have a nack for making healthy recipes to things you never thought you could eat again. I would give you a free plat but i see my wing man beat me to it. We take care of our own around here so if there is ever anything you need feel free to ask. Discounts,info,talk, it don't matter I can ether help or know some one who can.

Hi and welcome

1. Step away from the scales. It's hard but when you are on the leaner side, weight doesn't mean much. It is useful if you are 50-100 lbs overweight, but if not, nope.

My weight can flutuate as much as 7 lbs in a 24 hour period due to hydration, glycogen stores......

BBers and MMA fighers lose 10-20 lbs in dehydration to compete or make a weight class.

That's water not fat.

2. If you have been on diet pills (what exactly are diet pills BTW, like what was in them), your metabolism is going to be all confused and messed up.

If you have been taking them for years, and not eating much for years, then don't expect insta-miracles in weeks.

The body's hormonal homeostatic mechanism works over months.

3. If you want to look great and be healthy for life, it is all about lifestyle changes and enjoying the whole process/the ride while doing the changes.

4. Really, there is no magical combination of carbs and/or fats. Carbs may not be making you bloated, I would experiment with different sources. Root vegetables like sweet potatoes, baby new potatoes, parsnips, turnips, swede/rudabaga, squashes may suit you more. Whey protein is also a BIG culprit in bloat for a lot of people.

You may be more suited to one particular diet than another, I do think there are biochemical variables that have people function better on higher or lower carbs or fats, but don't automatically think 'carbs are bad'. That is just the current trend in the whole diet/fitness industry. Not all carbs are equal.

You may want to start taking a digestive enzyme supplement. Again, if you haven't been eating much, and just started eating clean, your digestion is not going to be as efficient.

Top Bottom