Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi everyone! Want to help make me beautiful by September? lol

Welcome to EF! You've definitely come to the right place as I'm sure you can see by the great responses you have already gotten. One major thing to remember with any type of fitness goal is that consistency is the key to success.

Hola Lolli!
(I love your screen name)

Here are some diet plans inspired by and used by EF members.

The thing about diets are that they don't all work for all people and even if they do they still work differently. So your best direction is to keep a daily diary of what you eat and your water throughout the day and take note as to how feel when you wake, after you eat, when you are hungry or if you are not, and how you feel just before bed. Another good practice is to take your body temp upon waking and log it in your food diary.

NUTRITION DATA, CAROLIE KING, FITDAY (all .com's) are great places to learn about food, calories and ratios of protein, fats and carbs.

Drink water - lots of of it! Invest in some bottles (Nalgene is good) and straws - straws make it easier to drink more faster, aim for 1oz per pound you weigh. 128oz=1 gallon which btw is 8lbs.

You may see a rise in the scale the first few days of drinking water - don't freak - just keep drinking, your body will let it go.

SAMPLE 1

Meal 1
5 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg
1/4-1/2 cup Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal (made w/water, cinnamon, splenda)

Meal 2
Protein Shake w/ water or skim milk (check your calories)

Meal 3
4-6oz chicken, turkey or fish
3oz potato/yam (small to medium)
Fat Source (almonds 10-15)

Meal 4
4oz chicken, turkey or fish
Green Veggie (unlimited)

Meal 5
Protein Shake (after workout) w/ water or skim milk (check your calories)

Meal 6
Green Veggie (unlimited)
Fat Source - 1tbsp Olive Oil

SAMPLE 2

Meal 1
5 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg – optional frozen spinach cooked
1/2 Cup Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat

Meal 2
Cottage Cheese – not fat free get the regular one
Unlimited Green veggies or 6 medium strawberries or 15-20 blueberries (you will have to see how your body responses to diets w/ fruit)

Meal 3
Unlimited Green Veggies
Fat Source – 1tbsp Olive Oil or 10-15 Almonds
If you are fatigued add a small potato or yam or 1/3 cup rice brown or white

Meal 4
Protein Shake (after workout) w/ water or skim milk (check your calories)

Meal 5
4oz – chicken, turkey or fish
Unlimited Green Veggies
Fat Source - 1tbsp Olive Oil

Meal 6 (optional)
Protein Shake (after workout) 1/2 water 1/2 skim milk (check your calories)

SAMPLE 3

Meal 1
Protein shake w/ water and berries (6 med strawberries – 10-15 blueberries)

Meal2
10-15 Almonds

Meal 3
Baby spinach leaves (unlimited) with 4-6 sliced strawberries, 10-15 blueberries
4-6 oz – chicken, turkey or fish
small to med- yam, potato or 1/3 cup rice
1 tbsp Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar

Meal 4
Protein shake w/ water and berries (6 med strawberries – 10-15 blueberries)

Meal 5
6 oz chicken, turkey or fish
small yam, potato or 1/3 cup of rice
Unlimited green veggies

And lastly a basic shopping list:

oatmeal
cream of wheat
potato
sweet potato/yams
rice brown/white
cottage cheese (this doesn't work for everyone)
all green veggies
peppers (red yellow too)
eggs
egg white protein powder
whey protien powder
pea protein powder
chicken/turkey
fish
pork
lean beef
eggs

Fats
almonds, walnuts, pecans
peanut butter (this works for a lot of people)
avocado
olive oil (salads/ veggies)

Fruits - (some people can diet with them some can't)
berries
melon
apples
peaches
tomatos
bananas (small and very much on occasion)

Avoid anything processed, white or prepacked in a box (except some brands of rice)

once again thanks everybody!
i have been starting to try and watch what I eat and it really isn't bad. The only problem is that I've been ill prepared, but i've tried to make the best of it. For breakfast these past couple of days, I've had two eggs with a 1/2 oz of cheddar cheese with a slice of whole wheat bread (I just got whole grain today), then i'll have some nuts and raisins, and yesterday i had a garden salad with some pesto chicken. I had a protein shake with fiber and a banana before my 30 minute cardio session (now i remember why I stopped before ...it hurts! lol), and then I had some oatmeal with stevia and a little honey. Today for lunch I had some chicken and chinese broccoli with brown rice and a thai iced tea (probably not great), and a little bit of chicken noodle soup for dinner. I'm going to be cooking my meals for the week this weekend and i'm really excited. I feel like I've been trying to get as much protein as possible (hence the chicken) and I've been trying to eat good carbs when possible. I'm going to try harder to incorporate all of them into each meal.
I also slip up every now and then...i guilty have had two donuts, which honestly weren't that appetizing or satisfying...it was because it was convenient and i was a bit hungry. so i'll work on that and push a little harder in my cardio tomorrow to make up for it.

Talk to you all later!!!

lollipopmafia said:
once again thanks everybody!
i have been starting to try and watch what I eat and it really isn't bad. The only problem is that I've been ill prepared, but i've tried to make the best of it. For breakfast these past couple of days, I've had two eggs with a 1/2 oz of cheddar cheese with a slice of whole wheat bread (I just got whole grain today), then i'll have some nuts and raisins, and yesterday i had a garden salad with some pesto chicken. I had a protein shake with fiber and a banana before my 30 minute cardio session (now i remember why I stopped before ...it hurts! lol), and then I had some oatmeal with stevia and a little honey. Today for lunch I had some chicken and chinese broccoli with brown rice and a thai iced tea (probably not great), and a little bit of chicken noodle soup for dinner. I'm going to be cooking my meals for the week this weekend and i'm really excited. I feel like I've been trying to get as much protein as possible (hence the chicken) and I've been trying to eat good carbs when possible. I'm going to try harder to incorporate all of them into each meal.
I also slip up every now and then...i guilty have had two donuts, which honestly weren't that appetizing or satisfying...it was because it was convenient and i was a bit hungry. so i'll work on that and push a little harder in my cardio tomorrow to make up for it.

Talk to you all later!!!
Slipping up is not a prob as long as you get back on track after. We all slip up.
A cheat meal is always good.

well that's good to know. i don't feel as bad about it now. i think i did a pretty good job yesterday and today so far.
i did some cardio for about a half hour - 45 minutes before breakfast
for breakfast i had some cream of wheat with a but of sugar and some granola
a bit later i had a slice of whole grain flax bread with two scrambled eggs and 1 oz cheese
i also had some raisins, an apple and a banana throughout the day
a slice of whole grain bread with some cheddar cheese
the rest of the chicken and chinese broccoli with brown rice that I started on friday
and water all day

and so far today i did some about 45 minutes of cardio, with 20 minutes concentrating on abs
and a bit afterwards i had a protein shaw with some fiber and a banana and cream of wheat with a bit of sugar and some granola

i'm finally cooking today! im really excited! i'm going to be cooking some black beans, brown rice, broccoli, chicken, lean ground beef and i have some pre-prepared salad.

i just had a few questions for you guys...should I have both beans and rice in a meal, or should i do one a meal? and also, if i keep going like this, when should I expect to see results? i don't want to expect too much too soon. and lastly, how much should I expect to lose? I started out saying that I wanted to drop 30 pounds, and I know now that that is a bad idea, but i also want to make a difference and i want to push it a bit.

thanx!

lollipopmafia said:
well that's good to know. i don't feel as bad about it now. i think i did a pretty good job yesterday and today so far.
a bit later i had a slice of whole grain flax bread with two scrambled eggs and 1 oz cheese
the rest of the chicken and chinese broccoli with brown rice that I started on friday
and water all day

and so far today i did some about 45 minutes of cardio, with 20 minutes concentrating on abs
and a bit afterwards i had a protein shaw with some fiber and a banana and cream of wheat with a bit of sugar and some granola

i'm finally cooking today! im really excited! i'm going to be cooking some black beans, brown rice, broccoli, chicken, lean ground beef and i have some pre-prepared salad.

i just had a few questions for you guys...should I have both beans and rice in a meal, or should i do one a meal? and also, if i keep going like this, when should I expect to see results? i don't want to expect too much too soon. and lastly, how much should I expect to lose? I started out saying that I wanted to drop 30 pounds, and I know now that that is a bad idea, but i also want to make a difference and i want to push it a bit.

thanx!

No, I would not recommend mixing rice & beans. I am hispanic, and believe me, it will make you gain weight.
I hope you're using portion control. If you have a lot of rice or any starchy carbs, it will put weight on you..
As you go along, you have to adjust your meals and get more strict at it. For starters, cut the sugar, it wont do you any good.
Just a reminder! I know you're just starting this, but once you get used to the way you're eating, if you want to make more progress, you have to tweek it. This is a lifestyle, not just to lose a few lbs....or you're going to put it back on.
Sorry if I'm so straight forward, but that's how I treat myself.
You're doing great!

lollipopmafia said:
and water all day

thanx!
women and there scales. It must really suck to be a women when it comes to this. Its like the biggest hurdle to get over (throwing out the scale that is).

Any way I always say it takes at least 4-6 weeks to know if something is working for you. Thats if you stick with it that long. :heart: good luck.

lollipopmafia said:
i just had a few questions for you guys...should I have both beans and rice in a meal, or should i do one a meal?

thanx!

No they're both carbs - beans have protein of course, but mostly carbs.

Lentils are your best choice for quantity of protein but again still has more carbs then protein.

needtogetaas said:
women and there scales. It must really suck to be a women when it comes to this. Its like the biggest hurdle to get over (throwing out the scale that is).

Any way I always say it takes at least 4-6 weeks to know if something is working for you. Thats if you stick with it that long. :heart: good luck.

scales and dress/pants sizes.

Top Bottom