Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this article).

Re: Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this art

KillahBee said:
Wow, there are so many ignorant and assuming statements just in those first few paragraphs I almost vomited.

It seems to assume that women who have a "career" are intelligent and/or bright. lmfao, anyone who works in a "career" type job can tell you that half the people there (men and womins) are complete morons. MAJOR issue there with this article. The whole premise is gigantically flawed.

Also, does it give any OTHER reasons why these relationships don't work other than trying to make all women look like Gods and men look bad - "they are too controlling, they can't tolerate less successful men and equally, men resent higher-earning partners."?? Perhaps, poor time management, lack of proper stress management, etc.

I don't know there's prob a story there but from the little I read (and perhaps I didn't give it a chance, but that's the authors problem not mine) but this was written way too poorly to ever convey a real message.
IMO, financial dependence is a primary reason many unhappily married couples stay together. Try getting a decent job after ten years out of the workforce......

Interesting... my .02 is that perhaps career women have less of a chance at LTR is because they put too much pressure on themselves, thus are more demanding of their partners. A man may be able to go toe to toe with a woman as far as career track but there are VERY FEW MEN that place the same value of importance on home-related responsibilities ie children, social calendar, household chores - these responsibilities are seen as *less valuable* by society as a whole. Say what you want - IT IS TRUE.

So now, she busts her ass at work and busts her ass at home. Why would she NEED a man?

IMO there are very few men that value *home life* the way they do work life. When you have two such opposing points of view a LTR will not work.

I can use men like digimon and Longhorn as examples to illustrate this. I have NEVER heard either of you put down your wives or what they do. Matter of fact men like you praise them and even say on occasion, "I dont know why she puts up with MY shit"

Men like you VALUE the woman's role so the two of you work together to make it work.

Did I express that adequately?

Re: Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this art

From my understandings, men are more prone to being ambitious, to provide and make the roads clear for his family. Women are wired differently, we are more concerned with the raising and caring of our children, making sure their needs are taken care of (aside from material ones).

Maybe I am generalizing, but thats how I see it. Someone needs to be there for the kids. It all depends on who has more ambition, it doesnt necessarily need to be only one sex

Thanks feminists, for dismantling the family unit.

BM - what you missed is that a lot of men value work life that much b/c it DIRECTLY relates to the quality of home life and the future of the family.

KillahBee said:
BM - what you missed is that a lot of men value work life that much b/c it DIRECTLY relates to the quality of home life and the future of the family.

Didn't miss that at all. You can value both equally while only living *your part* of the equation. I don't need to have a long commute and asshole boss and travel, etc to value my mate for *his role* in our family life and vice versa.

When the men value their partner's contribution the family will have a higher chance of remaining intact.

The problem is that VERY FEW in our society value the work that is home life. This goes for both women and men.... and why our society is in the state it is in.

Bottom line is VERY FEW value children. Sadly, even parents don't REALLY value them...

Razorguns said:
if ur a stressed out office monkey - u don't gain by marryng another stressed out office monkey
Yep. That was the gist of what I was saying too.

Top Bottom