Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help my Wife with B-Control

6Dean9

My wife use to compete in fitness figure competitions about 2 years ago and ever since she had a baby she is having problems with huge water retention in the lower body region which she never had before, I think it is due to her going off the pill and now being back on it.

She is taking Alesse not sure how you spell it, is there anything else you can recommend thats low water retention/ low side effects other than this birth control.

Thanks Gilrs

How long ago did she have the baby? C-Section or Vaginal?

May be due to period, talk to her Doc and see if she can switch BCP. Even try the Copper IUD - it is non-hormonal.

How about diet and training? I imagine with a child it has changed.

Copper IUD what is that Dasiy? Her diet is really good she eats 3 small healthy meals a day + 2 low carb protein shakes for snacks inbetween meals. She is back below her normal weight before she had a kid and looks amazing but for some reason her bottom half is holding alot of water. Its been 2 1/2 years since she had a baby. Since its her first child would her body rpoducing all those new hormones from pregnancy cause this?

I don't know much about pregnancy issues....having never been pregnant...lol.

Are you/she SURE it is water? Not extra fat?

Maybe she needs to change up her diet and/or training.

Look up the Copper IUD on the internet - I think it is called Mirena. It is a contraption they put inside you to prevent pregnancy. If you want to become preganant, they take it out and you can immediately become pregnant...no waiting for hormones to clear your system as with BCP.

Birth control pills affect everyone differently. I personally have tried at least 5 different types, and Allesse was the worst. Not necessarily because of water retention - but because I actually broke out in itchy hives every morning after taking them - and had tons of zits. I got off of them in a few months time. I have tried pills that made me hold immense amounts of water, she should definitely try a new pill. I am currently on LoEstrin 1/20, and am doing very well, with little to no water retention.

gypsy said:
I am currently on LoEstrin 1/20, and am doing very well, with little to no water retention.

Same one I am on, although I am on the Fe version. I really like it. :) Only water retention I get is the couple days before my period.

gypsy said:
Birth control pills affect everyone differently. I personally have tried at least 5 different types, and Allesse was the worst. Not necessarily because of water retention - but because I actually broke out in itchy hives every morning after taking them - and had tons of zits. I got off of them in a few months time. I have tried pills that made me hold immense amounts of water, she should definitely try a new pill. I am currently on LoEstrin 1/20, and am doing very well, with little to no water retention.

I recently switched from Lo-Estrin to Alesse and have noticed I have more breakouts lately! Didn't really relate it to the BCP though! Gonna have to look into that! Thought it was stress and change in weather, but that could be contributing to it as well. I had zero side effects from the Lo Estrin, but it was back ordered like 3 weeks a few months back!

I hated Alysse....about the lower half...after having three kids I have never looked the same even though I weigh less then I did when I got pregnant. Some of it might be age, the way the body changes after kids, extra skin, and hormones. Tell her good luck and just to tup the cardio and do abs everyday

Happy IUD user here. Mine is the Paraguard Copper T. It contains no hormones. Being on birth control pills turned me into a fat magnet. Seemed like no matter how hard I trained the fat wouldn't come off. I'll never take synthetic hormones again.

FitFossil said:
Happy IUD user here. Mine is the Paraguard Copper T. It contains no hormones. Being on birth control pills turned me into a fat magnet. Seemed like no matter how hard I trained the fat wouldn't come off. I'll never take synthetic hormones again.

I'm actually thinking of staying off my BC pills until I lose the weight I want to, and then get back on them. I'm not really wanting to get an IUD. But I'm also sick of ebing a fat magnet thanks to BC pills.

ugh.

Top Bottom