Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heard a PT tell a client at the gym.....

Xray123

Heard a PT tell a client at the gym when doing chest always do incline first then flat, otherwise you'll get man boobs as he put it.

Is there any truth in this?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using EliteFitness

Heard a PT tell a client at the gym when doing chest always do incline first then flat, otherwise you'll get man boobs as he put it.

Is there any truth in this?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using EliteFitness

You really have to ask ?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EliteFitness

His reasoning is almost right.. Most guys have a poorly developed upper chest compared to their lower. But it won't cause man boobs

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

either the PT is a moron or he is just saying you should balance out your muscles when you lift.

it is true if you just go in there like a baboon and do nothing but flat bench every workout for the next 10 years you will develop tremendous imbalances, but his reasoning explaining that to a newb it sounds like is idiotic.

I do think guys should attack their weaknesses more in the gym. I see guys only work their strengths and ignore their weaknesses way too much.. obvious example are juice monkey's who have huge upper bodies and twig legs. less so the guys who walk around with their chests puffed out but can't even pull 50 pounds.. you can bench 400 but you can't even pull or squat half that.. pathetic!

If I gave you an infraction for inappropriate language keep in mind breaking the forum rules by talking about Labs in any fashion IS inappropriate language.

either the PT is a moron or he is just saying you should balance out your muscles when you lift.

it is true if you just go in there like a baboon and do nothing but flat bench every workout for the next 10 years you will develop tremendous imbalances, but his reasoning explaining that to a newb it sounds like is idiotic.

I do think guys should attack their weaknesses more in the gym. I see guys only work their strengths and ignore their weaknesses way too much.. obvious example are juice monkey's who have huge upper bodies and twig legs. less so the guys who walk around with their chests puffed out but can't even pull 50 pounds.. you can bench 400 but you can't even pull or squat half that.. pathetic!

I vote for "moron"

Some of my most successful flat bench #s came after doing forward leaners and decline supersets followed by incline press and incline push up supersets for a few weeks.

That's kind of like saying working your lower abs before upper abs will give you a beer belly. You be the judge this statement's validity.

I did about 12 months of only incline work and my chest grew as a whole. Upper chest is not noticeably any bigger. My workout partner always declines cause his lower chest is weaker... no difference. I feel like your chest grows as a whole. Maybe some people can isolate but I dunno

Sent from my Nexus S using EliteFitness

Top Bottom