Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ephedra - ephedrine - mahuang - dangers?

funkeemonkee

sorry, I'm confused, so would appreciate help pls. I've just done a search on the dangers of ephedra-ephedrine, but need clarification:

(1) is ephedra = ephedrine = mahuang?

(2) if I have some hypertension - 140/90, should I stay off this substance completely? I've taken ephedra-free xenedrine and hydroxycut with no side effects save with mebbe insomnia if I take it too late in the day...

I remember taking cybertrim 10 years ago with no side effects. Did cybertrim contain ephedra/ephedrine? I know it worked! but with ephedra-free xenedrine/hydroxycut I have yet to see them work...

(3) I've read in one thread that 75mg of ephedra/ephedrine is the max you can take in one day, yet 3 capsules (1 serving) of clenbutrx contains 312mg of mahuang!!! is this going to kill me???

I'm going to be trying out NYC and am a little concerned now....

What's the low-down? Please help....now I can't sleep from the concern....

(1) is ephedra = ephedrine = mahuang?
YES, just Mahuang is a herbal extract just like ephedrine

(2) if I have some hypertension - 140/90, should I stay off this substance completely? I've taken ephedra-free xenedrine and hydroxycut with no side effects save with mebbe insomnia if I take it too late in the day...
yes stay away...just use ALA/5-HTP

I remember taking cybertrim 10 years ago with no side effects. Did cybertrim contain ephedra/ephedrine? I know it worked! but with ephedra-free xenedrine/hydroxycut I have yet to see them work...
no cyber trim had NO ephedrine
ING:
Vitamin A 5000iu, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D) 10mcg ,Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 6Omg,DL-Alpha tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E) 22 mg, Thiamin Nitrate (Vitamin B1) 1.7 mg, Riboflavine (Vitamin B2 1.7 mg, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) 2mg, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 6 mcg, Nicotinamide 20mg, Calcium (as hydrogen phosphate) 200mg, Iron (as ferrous fumarate) 5mg, Magnesium (as oxide) 50 mg, Manganese (as sulfate monohydrate) 4mg, Zinc (as gluconate) 15mg, Copper (as cupric sulfate) 2 mg, Folic Acid 400 mcg, Potassium Iodide 197 mcg, Biotin (Vitamin H) 300 mcg, Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate) 50 mcg, Chromium (as 111 Chloride) 150 mcg, Choline Bitartrate 50mg.

(3) I've read in one thread that 75mg of ephedra/ephedrine is the max you can take in one day, yet 3 capsules (1 serving) of clenbutrx contains 312mg of mahuang!!! is this going to kill me???
don't worry about it, 312 will NOT kill you but you will NOT and should NOT take ephedrine w/o your doctors guidance due to your health problems

Mr.X

Mr X,

thanks. I think I'll take a step back and consider the risks carefully before ingesting any ephedrine. I've also noticed that all the fat burners out there have a warning that it's not suitable for those with hypertension - so far, I've had no noticeable side effects at all. I'm wondering whether it'll be the same with ephedrine ie. it's a health warning but it's not a one-way train to death if I take it?
thing is, I would really want to try and ECA stack with the "E" in it. The non "E" formulas don't seem to work for me.

funkeemonkee said:
Mr X,

thanks. I think I'll take a step back and consider the risks carefully before ingesting any ephedrine. I've also noticed that all the fat burners out there have a warning that it's not suitable for those with hypertension - so far, I've had no noticeable side effects at all. I'm wondering whether it'll be the same with ephedrine ie. it's a health warning but it's not a one-way train to death if I take it?
thing is, I would really want to try and ECA stack with the "E" in it. The non "E" formulas don't seem to work for me.

I would say that you can try NYC, maybe the norephedrine will be better for you, but watch the BP or it can really hurt you.

Mr.X

funkeemonkee said:
The non "E" formulas don't seem to work for me.

I think you need to define "work" - the primary effect of ECA is to blunt your appetite and give you energy. There's only a minimal increase in metabolism while the drugs are active in your system - 3-5% tops.

Ceebs said:

I think you need to define "work" - the primary effect of ECA is to blunt your appetite and give you energy. There's only a minimal increase in metabolism while the drugs are active in your system - 3-5% tops.

Ceebs,

He has hypertension and high BP, that's the primary cause for the lacking effects of Ephedrine in his system.

Mr.X

Mr.X said:
He has hypertension and high BP, that's the primary cause for the lacking effects of Ephedrine in his system.

Yes, I read his post, I'm just curious what he's defining as "working" when he says the non-ephedrine formulas don't work.

Is it a buzz? Weight loss after daily administration? Et cetera.

Ceebs said:

Yes, I read his post, I'm just curious what he's defining as "working" when he says the non-ephedrine formulas don't work.

Is it a buzz? Weight loss after daily administration? Et cetera.

Generally, when people refer to Ephedrine they refer to it's "getting the buzz" qualitites. He's probably not experiencing the "buzz" as some people happened to do. It's a questions of overall bodily health.

Mr.X

Mr X and Ceebs

Thanks for your advice. the only thing that happens when I take xenedrine is that I can stay awake. I use it sometimes when I'm biking overnight. I've realised that my metabolism has slowed to a standstill since being away from exercise for 10 months and being in my thirties. I've recently just began working out/cardio again and aim to go for my first triathlon next October.

I really need all the help I can get to achieve that goal. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, prior to my slipped disc in earlier this year, my fitness level was quite reasonable - I ran twice a week (about 8kms each time), biked 40-50kms, swam 1.5km once a week and did weight training twice a week. That's my primary reason for considering the BEST supplements to help me. I'm not looking to bulk up or be a body builder or anything, just to pack good lean muscle, reduce my present bodyfat of 28% to 15%, and my current weight from 85kgs to 70kgs and be able to complete marathons and full triathlons by the end of next 8-10 months.

I've tried always not to think to much about my high BP, which I think is caused primarily by my surplus weight and high sodium intake, as I eat out constantly (don't have a history of high BP amongst family members). However, I am seriously considering taking BP-reducing drugs next year, altho' medical care where I live is rather expensive.

Would appreciate as much help / advice from forumites as possible with respect to training, diet, supplements and motivation. At present I'm interested in clenbutrx, r-ALA, NYC and yohimburn...

Thanks,

Top Bottom