Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do u guys do farmers walk, and has it helped u?

marcu_s

im looking for new routines and new teqniques to get and to stay in shape.

have read a bit about something called farmers walk.
cant see many people doing them so, do u do them,are they good?

is it something to incorperate whit my morning cardio?

I do a farmers walk variation. I walk on the balls of my feet, toes pointed forward, heels never touch the floor, as high off the ground as possible. I grab some db's and start walking a circle around the entire gym floor, it's probably about, 100 steps, maybe more. I do 2-3sets, if I can make the entire circle w/o failing, the weights go up.

Calves and forearms are very similar, they respond well to high volume. I also feel that the time spend on one leg during your step really helps train the local muscles, which also respond well to high volume training.

- It's important to keep your chest and eyes up, shoulders back on this exercise, also, make sure your knees aren't caving in, or bowing out.

-Your leg swing should be linear, watch yourself walk in the mirror, if your foot swings to the outside, or the inside, then you should focus on picking your knee up, and keeping your foot straight.

-This is a great "posture" exercise, as long as your are doing it right.

im looking for new routines and new teqniques to get and to stay in shape.

have read a bit about something called farmers walk.
cant see many people doing them so, do u do them,are they good?

is it something to incorperate whit my morning cardio?

Do you wanna improve your general conditioning, do farmer walks, sled pulls, tire flips and super yoke. Strongman events like this will give great stamina and strength endurance, just make sure you do a fair weight, not to heavy and not too light, just the enough to chalenge your cardio.

Works the entire body. Will give you a strong grip, big hamstrings, and traps up to your ears!

Clint%20farmers%20325%202.jpg

farmers%201.jpg

I like farmers walks, I think they're great at the end of a leg workout.

I also like the Suitcase version of farmers walks. You only have one dumbell, and then you walk while trying to keep you body straight. It's a brutal exercise for the obliques.

Top Bottom