Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do fast food workers really need $15/hr to fug up my drive thru orders?

I bet these bros would pay a good bro a goodbro wage, bros

fedk5i.jpg

What about looking at this thing from an entirely different perspective. As has been pointed out, if the wage for fast food workers is raised, the products will cost more. I fail to see how that, in any way, is a bad thing. If people really can't live without fast food then they'll find a way to pony up the cash, IOW, get a better job, and that's good for the country. Or they'll stop eating the shit and lose weight. How is any of that bad?

Did you stop to think that raising the minimum wage for fast food workers may actually be part of a solution to America's obesity problem? Seems to me it's right up there with how raising the tobacco price has reduced smoking, I don't see anyone bitching about that.

Smokers bitch. They find a way to keep paying those high prices though. And Fast food is addictive as well. Studies have shown that. So the fast food addicts will find a way to continue to pay when their McDouble goes up to $4.00.

When I go into In-N-Out, it's almost all kids working behind the counter. I assume the adults are manager types. I mean someone has to supervise those punks. But really though, the kids at In-N-Out are all pretty pleasant. They seem happy to be working there. Even the adults do too.

Carl's Jr., not so much. I love that goddamn teriyaki burger though.

In-N-Out pays well. They start at something like the $14-15/hr range and have full benefits and 401K.

I knew a guy who quit his catering job and took a grill job there. He didn't say how much, but he told me it was a considerable raise and full benefits for his wife and kids.

Here's the solution to the obesity epidemic: stop eating deep fried bacon wrapped triple meat double cheese donut burgers with extra mayo and a 250 oz. dr pepper 4 times a day and then again at midnight when you're drunk off cheap beer you nasty fat motherfuckers.

I don't know that all the blame should fall on the corporations, honestly. At some point, taxpayers (voters) need to stop putting people in power who serve as enablers. They pass laws and regulations like they're going out of style that allow big business to pay workers shit wages, because they know their employees have a safety net in the government. Everyone is to blame.

I've heard all sides of the argument, and my answer is simple: govmt needs to fuck off and get out of the private sector's business, private sector businesses need to take care of their employees and do a better job of both hiring people who want to progress and making professional progression within their company more readily available, and the employees need to have the personal responsiblity to live within their means.

Not everyone is dealt the same hand, that's fucking life. If you don't like your situation, make a change. I get sick of people bitching that they don't make enough money to be happy, but when you suggest they do something about it they have an excuse as to why they can't.

There are no jobs locally? Fucking move and find one. I moved 1700 miles when I was 18 for a job.

Can't pay for school? Bullshit. Get grants, loans, put money back slowly until you have enough, do whatever it takes. And for fuck's sake stop eating steak dinners every fucking night, cancel your cable service, get on a modest cell service, don't buy a car that the payments are so big you worry about paying them, and stop fucking smoking a pack a day.

Math is hard.

Why can't I blame them for encouraging their employees to use the safety nets? McDonalds, eliminate your crap "employment". Get touch screens and robots to do the work. I hope Walmart replaces their shit jobs with robots too. Every single one. I think it is a great idea! I really do.

Smokers bitch. They find a way to keep paying those high prices though. And Fast food is addictive as well. Studies have shown that. So the fast food addicts will find a way to continue to pay when their McDouble goes up to $4.00.

Agreed. Where does it end too? So management caves and gives GED Glenn his $15 per hour. Are they going to want $20 in a years time? You betcha.

Sent from my Z750C using EliteFitness

What about looking at this thing from an entirely different perspective. As has been pointed out, if the wage for fast food workers is raised, the products will cost more. I fail to see how that, in any way, is a bad thing. If people really can't live without fast food then they'll find a way to pony up the cash, IOW, get a better job, and that's good for the country. Or they'll stop eating the shit and lose weight. How is any of that bad?

Did you stop to think that raising the minimum wage for fast food workers may actually be part of a solution to America's obesity problem? Seems to me it's right up there with how raising the tobacco price has reduced smoking, I don't see anyone bitching about that.

So you think the minimum wage should only be raised for fast food workers???

Top Bottom